List of Catholic Dioceses in Ecuador
|Part of a series on the|
|Catholic Church by country|
Worldwide distribution of Catholics
The Catholic Church in Ecuador comprises only a Latin hierarchy, united in a national episcopal conference, which comprises :
- four ecclesiastical provinces, each province is headed by the Metropolitanan archbishop of an archdiocese, and a total of 11 suffragan dioceses.
- are also eight pre-diocesan, missionary Apostolic Vicariates, headed by Titular bishops
- one Military Ordinariate in Ecuador.
There is an Apostolic Nunciature as papal diplomatic representation.
There are no titular sees. All defunct jurisdictions have current successor sees.
The boundaries of the provinces of Ecuador mostly coincide with the boundaries of most territorial dioceses.
These are directly dependent on the Holy See.
- Apostolic Vicariate of Aguarico
- Apostolic Vicariate of Esmeraldas
- Apostolic Vicariate of Galapagos
- Apostolic Vicariate of Méndez
- Apostolic Vicariate of Napo
- Apostolic Vicariate of Puyo
- Apostolic Vicariate of San Miguel de Sucumbíos
- Apostolic Vicariate of Zamora en Ecuador
Ecclesiastical province of Quito
- Metropolitan Archdiocese of Quito, primate of Ecuador
Ecclesiastical province of Cuenca
Ecclesiastical province of Guayaquil
Ecclesiastical province of Portoviejo
- "División Eclesiástica del Ecuador" (in Spanish). Catholic Church in Ecuador. 30 September 2010. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Archbishop Fausto Gabriel Trávez Trávez" (in Spanish). Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Quito. Archived from the original on January 26, 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2013.