Rommel T. Angara
Rommel Rico T. Angara
|Vice Governor of the Province of Aurora|
June 30, 2013
|Preceded by||Gerardo A. Noveras|
|Born||December 19, 1978|
|Relations||Edgardo J. Angara (uncle),
Bellaflor J. Angara-Castillo (aunt),
Arturo J. Angara (uncle)
Juan Edgardo "Sonny" M. Angara (cousin)
Karen G. Angara-Ularan (cousin)
Rommel Rico T. Angara (born December 19, 1978), simply known as Rommel T. Angara is a Filipino politician. He is the incumbent vice governor of the Philippine province of Aurora. As such, he currently acts as the presiding officer of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, or the provincial board or legislature, of Aurora province.
He is a son of former Baler Mayor Joselito J. Angara and Loyola Teh, a medical specialist. He is a nephew of former Philippine Senator Edgardo J. Angara, incumbent Aurora Representative Bellaflor J. Angara-Castillo, and former Baler Mayor Arturo J. Angara. He is a cousin of incumbent Philippine Senator Juan Edgardo "Sonny" M. Angara and incumbent Baler Vice Mayor Karen G. Angara-Ularan.
He married Lai Antonio. Out their marriage were born two children, JM and Ceanna.
He ran for vice governor of Aurora province in the May 14, 2007 Philippine elections under the Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP) with then re-electionist Aurora Governor Bellaflor J. Angara-Castillo who would be serving her second term of office as local chief executive of Aurora province. He lost, however, in the vice gubernatorial race. He conceded defeat to Atty. Gerardo “Jerry” A. Noveras of the Liberal Party (LP), who became Aurora governor six years later.
He ran again for vice governor of Aurora province in the May 13, 2013 Philippine elections with then outgoing Baler Mayor Arturo J. Angara running for governor. During the campaign period, he expressed detestation of the illegal numbers game jueteng concealed in the so-called small town lottery (STL) reportedly with operations in almost all provinces in Central Luzon, except in Aurora province. He stated that he was not in favor of the STL which he called “a mere front for jueteng.” He explained that “although STL is a source of livelihood, the poor are still the losers because only the operators earn and benefit from it.” He eventually won a landslide victory in the vice gubernatorial race with a margin of 11,025 votes over his opponent, former Aurora provincial administrator and former Baler Mayor Emilio "Emil" F. Etcubañez.
- May 13, 2013 Elections - List of Winning Candidates - Province of Aurora
- Angara’s ex-mayor brod laid to rest in Baler
- The Truth Hurts but It Must Be Said at the Right Place, Time
- Senator to run for Aurora governor
- Angara files COC for Aurora governor
- Angara withdraws candidacy for Aurora governor
- Noveras-Angara Locked in Down-the-Wire Race for Aurora Governor-Survey
- Central Luzon scribes plant trees in Aurora
- Angara’s gov substitute throws own birthday bash ahead of Capitol bid
- ASCOT Scholars Give Thanks to Benevolent Benefactors March 22, 2013
- Aurora vice governor quits LP post
- Aurora Candidates 2013
- Central Luzon is Philippines’ ‘jueteng’ capital
- Political will is best weapon vs jueteng, says young Angara
- Jueteng, salot sa lipunan – Angara
- Proclaimed vice governor with Noveras
- Noveras, Angara proclaimed in Aurora
- Noveras wins Aurora gubernatorial post
- Noveras is new Aurora governor