Ronald Rae is a Scottish sculptor born in Ayr, Scotland, in 1946. He works, by hand, in granite. His largest work to date is the 20 tonne Lion of Scotland. His solo exhibitions include Regent's Park, London (1999–2002) and Holyrood Park, Edinburgh. (2006–2007)
In April 2009 Rae's eight-tonne sculpture Fish was installed on the waterfront at Cramond after a successful fundraising campaign by the Cramond Community. The sculpture was carved from a 460 million-year-old granite stone in the grounds of Cramond Kirk over a period of eight months.
Other granite sculptures in public sites include O Wert Thou in the Cauld Blast at Milton Keynes Railway Station, five sculptures depicting The Tragic Sacrifice of Christ in Rozelle Park, Alloway and Abraham at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Return of the Prodigal at Aviva, Perth, Famine and Mark of the Nail at St John's Church, Edinburgh, The Good Samaritan at Riverside Park, Glenrothes, Sheep at Almond Valley Heritage Centre, Livingston, Sacred Cow at Victoria Quays, Sheffield, Insect and Celtic Cross at Erdington Railway Station, Birmingham, Elephant and Rhino at Dormston Art Centre, Dudley, Hiroshima Departed at the Japanese Peace Park, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, War Veteran and Animals in War Memorial on loan to Bletchley Park, The Cramond Fish at Cramond Waterfront, Edinburgh, Baby Boar at Aberdeen Airport. Heavy Horse and Foal at the Crinan Canal on temporary loan to Scottish Canals. Horse and Highland Cow at Isle of Eriska Hotel, Argyll.
Portrait of Rae
Ronald Rae agreed to sit for sculptor Jon Edgar in 2011 as part of a new series of sculpture-related heads. This was exhibited at Yorkshire Sculpture Park in 2013 as part of the Sculpture Series Heads  exhibition.
- Ronald Rae Sculpture (2006) Bramble Press ISBN 0-9523599-5-2
- Widow Woman - stone sculpture in Jerwood sculpture Collection, Ragley Hall, UK
- Jerwood Sculpture Collection biography of Ronald Rae
- http://www.ronaldrae.co.uk/news/ronald-rae-finally-sits-for-his-portrait-by-sculptor-jon-edgar Short film clip of portrait sitting April 2011
- Jon Edgar - Sculpture Series Heads: Terracotta Portraits of Contributors to British Sculpture (2013) Scott, M., Hall, P., and Pheby, H. ISBN 978-0955867514
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ronald Rae.|