Ronnie Lane's Mobile Studio
Lane acquired the studio in 1972. It was one of the first ever mobile recording studios, and consisted of a 16 track studio housed in a 26' Airstream trailer, with a Helios mixing console, Studer and Revox tape machines, and Tannoy monitoring. The studio was built by audio engineer Ron Nevison.
After he left The Faces in 1973, Lane based the studio on his farm, Fishpool, in the hamlet of Hyssington, near Churchstoke, in Powys, Wales. There he used the studio to record his first solo album Anymore for Anymore (1974). He also used the studio to record One for the Road (1976), and an image of the mobile recording studio is featured on the album cover.
Albums recorded with LMS
In addition to using the studio himself, Lane leased it to numerous other artists for their own recordings, including:
- Eric Clapton, Rainbow Concert (1973)
- Rory Gallagher, Irish Tour '74 (1974)
- The Who: Quadrophenia (1973) and The Who By Numbers (1975)
- Rick Wakeman: Journey to the Centre of the Earth (live) (1974) and Lisztomania (1975)
- Bad Company: Bad Company (1974) and Straight Shooter (1975)
- Peter Frampton: Frampton (1974)
- Billy Nicholls, Love Songs (1974)
- Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers: Bongos Over Balham (1974)
- Mott the Hoople: Drive On (1975)
- Andy Fraser Band: In Your Eyes (1975)
- Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti (1975)
- Barry Humphries, Dame Edna Everage: Housewife Superstar (1976).
- Eric Burdon: Darkness Darkness (1980)
- The Jackie Lynton Band: The Jackie Lynton Band (1980)
- "Studios: the move out of London and into Europe". Billboard, 3 November 1973
- "Their Time is Gonna Come", Classic Rock Magazine: Classic Rock Presents Led Zeppelin, 2008, p. 27.
- "Quadrophenia engineer Ron Nevison, interviewed for 'Won't Get Fooled Again: The Who from Lifehouse to Quadrophenia'". Richie Unterberger
- "Ronnie Lane - Anymore for Anymore". Stylus Magazine
- "The Lane Mobile Studio". Retrosellers
- " LMS comes up trumps at High Voltage Festival ". PSN Europe
- "Albums recorded (partly) with Ronnie Lane's Mobile Studio (LMS)". Ronnie Lane - "Tell Everyone"