This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Open joint-stock company|
|Revenue||60,554,900,000 Russian ruble (2017)|
Rosgosstrakh (RGS) has been around for over 95 years. It is the one of leading insurance player on the Russian market. With more than 25 million private and 250,000 corporate clients from all over the country, 3,000 regional offices and 400 claim centers, the company provides insurance products from popular auto policies to insurance of domestic animals and spacecraft.
RGS offers more than 50 different types of insurance to cover individuals and businesses.
Rosgosstrakh is the successor of Gosstrakh, which was founded in 1921 during the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic. Gosstrakh was the Russian government-owned insurance monopolist until 1947, when Ingosstrakh was established as agency of foreign insurance.
In July 2003, the controlling stake of 78% minus four shares was privatized. As of 2006, Rosgosstrakh was Russia's largest insurance company with US$1,528 billion in premiums per the Russian Federal Insurance Oversight Service (FIOS), aka Federal Service for Insurance Supervision (FSIS) or by the Russian acronym FSSN, the All-Russian Insurance Association (ARIA), Interfax, and public websites of the 20 leading Russian insurance companies. During 2007 and 2008 Rosgosstrakh bought the insurance company arm of the IFD Kapital Financial Group, consisting of Kapital Insurance, Kapital Reinsurance, Kapital Health Insurance and Kapital Life Insurance. They continue to do business under the name "Capital"[further explanation needed].
On January 1, 2010 Rosgosstrakh restructured its ten regional insurance companies, which were based on territorial divisions, into the unified federal company "Group Rosgosstrakh". It is the successor of all rights and obligations of the former regional and inter-regional group companies in front of their customers and partners. The regional branch network moved within the association to "Rosgosstrakh".
Up until September 2010, Rosgosstrakh was the only insurance company with government shares. At that time the Russian government sold the remaining 13.1% stake in the company and hence lost its power, the golden share.
- "Insurance in Russia in 2016: Trends. Segments. Forecasts. Summary analytical report of Insurance Institute of ARIA" (PDF). Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Russia's largest private bank is rescued by the central bank". The Economist. 31 Aug 2017.
- "Росгосстрах, ООО. Динамика развития отдельных видов страхования". Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- FIFA.com. "Live Scores - National League - Russian Football Premier League - FIFA.com". FIFA.com. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "СПС Право.ru". СПС Право.ru. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- Nosikova, Olga (February 2008). "Die Entwicklung der Versicherungswirtschaft in Russland" (pdf). Mannheimer Manuskripte zu Risikotheorie, Portfolio Management und Versicherungswirtschaft Nr. 172 (in German). Mannheim, Germany: University of Mannheim. p. 6. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Ушел от государства