Ross Zafonte, D.O. is an American board-certified physiatrist known for his academic work in traumatic brain injury and is recognized as an expert in his field. Zafonte is the chairperson of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts and the chief of physical medicine & rehabilitation at Massachusetts General Hospital. He held the position of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Vice President of rehabilitation services prior to his move to Harvard. Dr. Zafonte received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Zafonte attended medical school at the Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine and received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree in 1985. After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Zafonte completed a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and was board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation in 1990.
- In 2006, Dr. Zafonte was selected by the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to receive the Walter Zeiter award.
- In 2007, Dr. Zafonte received the Distinguished Academician award from the Association of Academic Physiatrists.
- In 2013, Dr. Zafonte received the Kessler Foundation's DeLisa Award for excellence in research and education in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- "Ross Zafonte". Massachusetts General Hospital. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Profiles". Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Spaulding Hospital. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Scientists Communicate with Vegetative Man". CBS News. November 4, 2009. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Carolyn Schierhorn (2013). "Harvard DO urges profession to question, investigate, publish". The DO. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Ross D. Zafonte, DO". Massachusetts General Hospital. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Protecting the brain from spiral of damage". MSNBC. July 24, 2008. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Fitzpatrick, Dan (February 17, 2008). "Concordia could one day succeed Romoff at UPMC". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "Ross D. Zafonte, DO". Brigham and Women's Hospital. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Dr. Ross D. Zafonte DO". U.S. News & World Report. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Dr. Ross Zafonte, DO". Spaulding-Harvard Sci Model System. 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "AAP Awards". American Academy of Physiatrists. 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Kessler Foundation Names Dr. Ross Zafonte recipient of Foundation's 3rd Annual DeLisa Award". Kessler Foundation. 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|