|Birth name||Roxanne Saint|
|Born||November 5, 1977|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, singer, producer, director, fashion designer, actress|
Roxanne "Roxy" Saint (born November 5, 1977) is an American singer, musician, video producer, director, and actress who started singing at age 17. She's known for her role in the film Zombie Strippers and as the lead performer in the goth band Roxy Saint and the Blackouts.
In the early 1990s, she was the vocalist for Hollywood band Never on Sunday. She went solo, and in 1995 released the CD Orphan Child, which contained rerecorded songs from her previous band. Her debut DVD release, however, which Saint directed and produced, was The Underground Personality Tapes in 2003. She toured in England, including performing at the Leeds and Reading festivals. Blog Critics called Saint "the next huge thing" and "PJ Harvey crossed with Sophia Coppola."
She has released her music, which include videos, as an indie producer, via DVDs, the Internet and digital downloads. Saint contributed to the rock band Die Trying's self-named album with guest vocals on the single "Dirty, Dirty".
KNAC radio's Mick Stingley, in a CD/DVD review of The Underground Personality Tapes, wrote that Saint was "New Wave retro cool, LA glammo sleaze-rock, with Boss Super Over-Drive distortion pedal to the floor" who "has something to offer." And in a 2004 interview, In Music We Trust Magazine described Saint's brand of music as "defying convention and going against logic."
Also in 2004, Saint, who's known for shopping for her clothes at thrift stores, launched her own clothing line titled Trash Couture with her dresses numbered and individually named ("Chaos," "Aquarius" and "Glitch"). MK Magazine described the line as "one-of-a-kind dresses made from black plastic trash bags."
The San Francisco Weekly wrote that during her 2005 European tour, Saint's belongings were stolen, which the paper said, "may have been the best thing that ever happened to her. ... Her slashed, duct-taped, hand-painted 'Trash Couture' creations were such a hit that she now sells them online."
In 2014, filming completed in Las Vegas for Death in the Desert, a full-length movie in which Saint plays the character Corey and performs an original song by record producer Chris Goss. Saint, an executive producer on the film, which is directed and produced by her husband, Evans, stars Michael Madsen, Shayla Beesley and Paz de la Huerta.
- Crusher Magazine, "Roxy Saint" by Steve Walker, March 2005
- Angelfire.com, "Rock N Roll Experience – Roxy Saint Interview"
- Internet Movie Database, Biography: Josh Evans
- "Never On Sunday", Last.fm; accessed March 12, 2015.
- "Roxy Saints Orphan Child digital re-release 2007 on Amazon". Amazon. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- MK Magazine, "Roxy Saint," September 20, 2004
- "Roxy Saint", blogcritics.org, September 20, 2004.
- "Body Bags", blogcritics.org, November 29, 2004.
- Maximum Ink magazine interview, "Roxy Saint – Web Only!" November 18, 2004
- The Criminal – Cast, Crew, Director and Awards – NYTimes.com
- The Hot Chick – Cast, Crew, Director and Awards – NYTimes.com
- KNAC Radio Pure Rock, "Roxy Saint: The Underground Personality Tapes," September 25, 2004
- In Music We Trust Magazine, "L.A. Vixen Gets Down and Dirty with videos, music DVD," January 2004
- MK Magazine, "Roxy Saint Transforms Trash Bags into 'Trash Couture,'" November 23, 2004
- San Francisco Weekly, "This Week's Day-by-Day Picks," February 12, 2005
- KXEL News Talk Radio, Review of Zombie Strippers by Mike Bunge
- UnRated Magazine, Review of Zombie Strippers by Adam Bielawski, April 17, 2008
- Death in the Desert (2014) – IMDb
- Kindest cut of all for cancer patients (scroll to end) | Las Vegas Review-Journal