|Elevation||876 ft (267 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|GNIS feature ID||1572728|
Rural was the home town of author and poet Margaret Ashmun (1885-1940) who was born in Rural. The Ashmun family home still stands in Rural. Wisconsin State Senator and lawyer George Hudnall (1864-1936) was also born in Rural. Rural was also the home town of Wisconsin state legislator Andrew R. Potts (1853-1932) who was born in Rural.
The Radley House - Part of the Rural on the Crystal Historic District
Herbert Radley stands in front of the original building, a carpentry shop, which was built in 1898 over the mill race of the Crystal River so the current could generate power. The shop was moved across the road around 1901, was painted white, and became the General Store - Then known as The Rural Store.
Rustic Road R23 through Rural
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rural, Wisconsin
- "Rural, Wisconsin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Margaret Ashmun
- Main Street Market Place-Downtown Waupaca
- Wisconsin Blue Book 1907,' Biographical Sketch of George Hudall, pg. 1097
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1917,' Biographical Sketch of Andrew R. Potts, pg. 512-513
|This article about a location in Waupaca County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|