|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Rusheen Bay is a bay in Galway on the west coast of Ireland. Rusheen Bay is famous for nurturing windsurfing talent for all ages windsurfers. This scenic bay is ideal for both flat water balasting and freestyle, where the staff of Rusheen Bay Windsurfing School can be seen doing some crazy tricks on the water. The school is open from April through to September and provides lessons and rentals for Windsurfing, Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Eight children were rescued from drowning in the bay by surfers in July 2015, in an incident that saw a number of bravery awards and one of the rescuers, Alan Herdman, was named Young Person of The Year for his achievement.
- Farragher, Francis (24 July 2015). "Surfers save eight kids in rescue drama". Connacht Tribune. Archived from the original on 2 August 2015.
- "Galway Man Wins Pride Of Ireland Bravery Award". Galway Bay FM. 13 December 2016. Archived from the original on 14 September 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- McMahon, Victoria (4 June 2016). "Hero reveals moment he saved eight youngsters from drowning as he's nominated for Pride of Ireland awards". Irish Daily Mirror. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- Hilliard, Mark (8 November 2016). "Irish Water Safety awards: brave rescues recognised". Irish Times. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- O'Donoghue, Donal (17 December 2016). "Accidental Hero". RTÉ Guide. p. 26.
|This article related to the geography of County Galway, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|