|Born||Ruth Elizabeth Dodsworth
21 May 1975
|Occupation||Broadcaster, Journalist, Weather presenter|
|Notable credit(s)||ITV Cymru Wales|
|Children||Grace (12) and Jack (11) |
Wignall is best known as a weather presenter but began her career in radio, working as a researcher for BBC Radio Wales before training as a news reporter and presenter. She joined HTV Wales (now ITV Cymru Wales) in July 1995.
She has also presented a wide range of Welsh feature programmes for ITV, including The Ferret, Grassroots, coverage of the Royal Welsh Show and the Llangollen International Eisteddfod, Wales This Week, A Little Piece of Paradise, The Night Before the Morning After and Coast and Country.
In September 2015, Wignall joined Nation Radio as co-presenter of the station's breakfast show, The Big Welsh Wake Up, alongside Niall Foster. She left the station less than a year later, but rejoined Nation Broadcasting in November 2016, co-presenting a weekday breakfast show for five local radio stations in south and west Wales - Radio Pembrokeshire, Radio Carmarthenshire, Radio Ceredigion, Swansea Bay Radio and 106.3 Bridge FM.
- Hill, Claire (06-09-2005). "The truth about YOU". Retrieved 12 September 2010. Check date values in:
- Thomas, Matt (2010-08-08). "Weather girl Ruth Wignall is lifting the lid on the private gardens of Wales in her new TV series". Wales on Sunday. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- LinkedIn - Ruth Wignall
- "Meet the Team - Ruth Wignall". ITV Wales. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Fashion for charity". This is South Wales. 2010-05-14. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- Piper, Juliet (2008-10-10). "Welsh celebrities line up for charity catwalk event". South Wales Echo. Retrieved 12 September 2010.[dead link]
- Laing, Charlotte (08-04-2009). "Welsh celebrities no-make-up shoot". Wales Online. Retrieved 12 September 2010. Check date values in:
|This Welsh biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|