Ryan Jones (ice hockey)
Jones in St. Louis, January, 2013
June 14, 1984 |
Chatham, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||208 lb (94 kg; 14 st 12 lb)|
|NHL Draft||111th overall, 2004
Ryan Michael Stewart Jones (born June 14, 1984) is a Canadian professional ice hockey right winger currently playing for Kölner Haie of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). He was drafted in the fourth round, 111th overall, by the Minnesota Wild in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and has previously played for the Nashville Predators and Edmonton Oilers in the National Hockey League (NHL).
Jones grew up in Chatham, Ontario, playing minor hockey for the Chatham Cobras A program of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA). He graduated to AAA hockey for the Chatham-Kent Cyclones of the Pavilion League before playing one season with the Blenheim Blades Jr C team and two seasons with the Chatham Maroons Jr.B. hockey club of the OHA.
Jones has affectionately been given the nickname "Junkman" by many of his fans, partly due to his propensity for so-called "garbage goals" and partly because he shares the same last name as former Major League Baseball pitcher Randy "Junkman" Jones.
On December 2, 2011, Jones scored his first career NHL hat-trick, scoring three third period goals in a 6–3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
After four seasons with the Oilers, Jones opted to explore free agency before later re-signing with Edmonton on a one-year contract on July 6, 2013. 
On October 9, 2014, as an unrestricted free agent entering the 2014–15 season, Jones signed a professional try-out contract with the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL), the top minor league affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks.  After just five games with the Comets, in which he added one assist, Jones was released from his try-out. On November 17, he then signed his first contract abroad, joining German Kölner Haie in the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL) for the remainder of the playing season. On February 19, 2015, the Kölner Haie and Jones agreed on a two-year contract extension lasting until 2017.
|2013–14||Oklahoma City Barons||AHL||4||2||0||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|All-CCHA Second Team||2005–06|||
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2006|||
|All-CCHA Second Team||2006–07|||
|All-CCHA First Team||2007–08|||
|AHCA West First-Team All-American||2007–08|
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2008|||
- "Gross Misconduct with Ryan Jones". Vancouver Sun. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Jones aims to be a menace in return to Oilers". Edmonton Oilers. 2013-07-06. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "NHL Vet of 334 Games Added to Comets Roster". Vancouver Canucks. 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2014-10-09.
- "Jones signs with Cologne Sharks". Chatham Daily News. 2014-11-18. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Sharks agree to extension with Jones" (in German). Kolner Haie. 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "All-CCHA Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.