This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Olympic medal record|
|1996 Atlanta||Finn Class|
He won the silver medal in sailing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. He also competed at the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympics, but has not won another medal. He placed 7th in both the 2000 and 2004 Summer Olympics. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, he was the Belgian flag bearer during the opening ceremony. He ultimately placed 12th alongside his helmsman Carolijn Brouwer in the Tornado-class.
- 1996: 3rd European Championship Finn
- 1996: 2nd Olympic Games Atlanta Finn
- 1998: 1st European Championship Finn
- 2000: 2nd World Championship Finn
- 2000: 7th Olympic Games Sidney Finn
- 2001: 3rd European Championship Finn
- 2001: 1st World Championship Finn
- 2004: 7th Olympic Games Athens Finn
- 2007: 2nd World Championship Tornado (with Carolijn Brouwer)
- 2008: 12th Olympic Games Beijing Tornado (with Carolijn Brouwer)
- 2016: 1st Belgian Championship Finn
- "Sébastien Godefroid coach de voile de l'Espagne aux JO de Londres" (in French). Sudinfo. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Olympic results
- "2008 Summer Olympics Parade of Nations". Wikipedia. 2017-06-01.
- "Sailing at the 2008 Summer Olympics – Tornado". Wikipedia. 2015-04-19.
|This article about a Belgian Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to yacht racing in Belgium is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|