S. D. Jayaratne
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Shanthilal Devapriya Jayaratne|
|Born||5 March 1951
|Education||Nalanda College, Colombo|
|Employer||University of Sri Jayewardenepura
State Pharmaceuticals Corporation of Sri Lanka
Shanthilal Devapriya Jayaratne MBBS, MD, FRCP, FCCP (known as S. D. Jayaratne) is a professor of medicine at University of Sri Jayewardenepura and the current Chairman of State Pharmaceuticals Corporation of Sri Lanka (SPC) and State Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Corporation (SPMC).
Jayaratne was born in 1951 and educated at Nalanda College, Colombo. After passing the GCE Advanced Level in Sri Lanka in science stream he entered medical faculty of the University of Colombo and graduated as a Medical Doctor with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
After completing his internship at the then General Hospital Colombo (currently National Hospital of Sri Lanka) he was appointed to Kurunegala Hospital. At a later stage he was attached to Panadura Hospital too. Later for post graduate higher education studies, Jayaratne went to United Kingdom and after completion and upon arrival back to Sri Lanka joined Ragama Hospital and worked as a Specialist Doctor. Later when University of Sri Jayewardenepura opened its Faculty of Medical Sciences, he joined it as a senior lecturer while doing clinical work at the Kalubowila Hospital.
- "Registration of pharmaceuticals:SLCPS, Drugs Authority to hold seminar". Dailynews. 2011-01-11.
- "SPC Suppliers' Convention 2012". SPC. 2012. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013.
- "Management of SPC". SPC. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013.
- "Severe shortage of drugs in the country". Daily Mirror. 17 April 2013.
- "About Specialists Consultations". Durdans Hospital.
- "Clinical trials must come under Drugs Authority: Health experts". Sunday Times. 12 February 2005.
- "Harcourts opens at Hill Street". Dailynews. 15 August 2012.