S. Ilan Troen
Selwyn Ilan Troen is an Israeli scholar. He is the Karl, Harry and Helen Stoll Professor of Israel Studies at Brandeis University. He is a graduate of Brandeis, with an M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. Troen grew up in the Boston, Massachusetts area, and moved to Israel as a young man.
When he joined the Brandeis faculty, the university announced that it was creating a chair in Israel Studies in order "to develop an accurate historical understanding of the origin and development of the state of Israel and its place in the world." 
Books and publications
- Troen, Selwyn K. and Jacob Lassner. Jews and Muslims in the Arab World; Haunted by Pasts Real and Imagined. 2007 ed. Lanham and New York: Rowman and Littlefield, 2007.
- Troen, Selwyn K. "Israel Studies." Israel Studies 12. 3 issues annually (2007): 600 pages.
- Troen, Selwyn K. Imagining Zion: Dreams, Designs, and Realities in a Century of Jewish Settlement. Yale University Press, 2003.
- Troen, Selwyn K. and D.D. Moore. Divergent Jewish Cultures: America and Israel. Yale University Press, 2001.
- Troen, Selwyn K., ed. Jewish Centers and Peripheries; Europe between America and Israel Fifty Years After World War II. Transaction: New Brunswick and London, 1999.
- Troen, Selwyn K. and Noah Lucas, ed. Israel: The First Decade of Independence. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1995.
- Troen, S. Ilan and Klaus Bade, ed. Zuwanderung und Eingliederung von Deutschen und Juden aus der fruheren Sowjetunion in Deutschland und Israel. Bonn: Bundeszentrale dur politische Bildung, 1993.
- Troen, Selwyn K. and Moshe Shemesh, ed. The Suez-Sinai Crisis 1956; Retrospective and Reappraisal. London and New York: Frank Cass and Columbia University Press, 1990.
- Troen, Selwyn K. and Benjamin Pinkus, ed. Organizing Rescue: National Jewish Solidarity in the Modern Period. London: Frank Cass, 1988.
- Troen, Selwyn K. and Glenn Holt, S. Thernstrom and T. Hareven. St. Louis. New York: Franklin Watts - New Viewpoints, 1977.
- Troen, Selwyn K. The Public and the Schools: Shaping the Saint Louis System 1838-1920. University of Missouri Press, 1975.
- http://www.dailynewstribune.com/news/local_regional/walt_troen04222003.htm[dead link]
- “How Secular or Democratic Can a Jewish State Be?”, Tufts-Fletcher-News, Tufts University, October 2002.
- Belasco, Daniel. "A Seat At The Table: With new chair at Brandeis, Israel studies taking its place in academia", The Jewish Week, 14 December 2001.
|This biographical article about an Israeli academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|