|Internet media type|
SFNT is a font file format which can contain other fonts, such as PostScript, TrueType, OpenType, Web Open Font Format (WOFF) fonts and other. SFNT stands for spline font or scalable font, and was originally developed for TrueType fonts on the Macintosh and used by Apple Computer's QuickDraw. SFNT was named after the resource tag the Macintosh used internally to track font data.
SFNT is flexible, extensible and offers an opportunity to introduce additional table structures when needed, in a way that would not affect existing font rendering engines and text layout implementations. However, due to the limitation of SFNT system, a maximum number of can be put in one font table.
- . IANA https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/font-sfnt. Retrieved 2016-06-09. Missing or empty
- "Media Types". IANA. 2017-10-12. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "The 'sfnt' format". Apple Developer Connection. Apple. Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- "application/font-sfnt media type registration". IANA. 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "The TrueType Font File". Apple Developer. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
|This digital typography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|