|Traded as||BMAD: SYV|
|Manuel Manrique Cecilia (President and CEO)|
|Revenue||€3.614 billion (2012)|
|€506.1 million (2012)|
Number of employees
|21,380 (end 2010)|
Sacyr Vallehermoso, S.A. (Spanish pronunciation: [saˈθir βaʎerˈmoso]) is a leading Spanish construction company based in Madrid. It is publicly traded and is part of the IBEX 35 capitalization-weighted stock market index.
The company was founded in 1986 as Sociedad Anónima Caminos y Regadíos and was renamed Sacyr in 1991. In 2002 it acquired 24.5% of Vallehermoso, a leading Spanish housing business founded in 1921. In 2003 it merged with Vallehermoso to form Sacyr Vallehermoso.
Sacyr Vallehermoso was the largest shareholder in the Spanish oil company Repsol YPF, holding an approximate 20% stake. On December 20, 2011 Repsol YPF bought half of Sacyr Vallehermoso's stake back in order to save the shares from being seized in a foreclosure.
- "Preliminary Results 2012" (PDF) (in Spanish). Sacyr Vallehermoso. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Annual Report 2010" (PDF) (in Spanish). Sacyr Vallehermoso. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "Sacyr y Vallehermoso, una fusión que la crisis truncó". El Mundo. 1 October 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Construction details" (PDF). Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Ruano, Carlos; Gonzalez, Andres; Aguado, Jesus; Roberts, Martin; Rucinski, Tracy (15 January 2010). "Repsol to keep boss, long-term strategy". Reuters. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- Repsol Rescues Top Holder, Buys EUR2.6Bn of Own Shares Wall Street Journal, 20 December 2011
|This Spanish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|