Sailendra Sircar Vidyalaya
Sailendra Sircar Vidyalaya  is affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) and is one of the oldest Bengali medium schools in Kolkata, India. It is located at 62A, Shyampukur Street in north Kolkata. It is a government sponsored higher secondary School.
The school was founded on January 5th, 1920 and its original name was Saraswati Institution. The school was renamed as Sailendra Sircar Vidyalaya to pay homage to the founder headmaster of the school Sailendranath Sircar in 1948.
The current main building of the school was built in 1934. Another building on the back side of the main building houses the primary section.
- Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Chief Minister of West Bengal
- Ashoke Sen, theoretical physicist working in string theory
- Shyamal Kumar Sen, Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court
- Dewan Parkash, Ram,Directory of Educational Institutions, Volume 15, Publisher R. P. Bookwala, Original from the University of California, Digitized 28 Jul 2009, p.347
- Indian National Commission for Co-operation with UNESCO.,Report of teachers' workshops on education for international understanding, Publisher Indian National Commission for Unesco, 1964, p.97
|This article about a school in West Bengal, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|