This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saimum Series (Bengali: সাইমুম সিরিজ) written by Abul Asad is a popular novel series of Bangladesh. Unlike other series of its kind, Saimum not only thrills its readers but also provides various informative and educative stuff. But above all, it stimulates into the mind of its reader the sense of morality and gradually makes them think to work for the betterment of humanity and peace. It also helps the readers to gain knowledge of History, geography and culture of many countries. Particularly the History of Islam, the geography of Muslim countries, the territories where they live in and their cultures. A reader can know about the present condition of Islam in the world. Abul Asad starts Saimum on 1976 with “Operation Tel Aviv" (Bengali: অপারেশন তেলআবিব-১)
About Abul Asad (আবুল আসাদ)
The author of Saimum Series, Abul Asad, was born on 5 August 1942, at the village Narashinghpur in Rajshahi, Bangladesh. He started writing articles and stories since he was a student of Class 9. Gradually he became involved in journalism. He continued his studies with the activities of a journalist. He passed MS in economics. Now he is the editor of The Daily Sangram. He is also a member of Bangla Shahitta Parishad. In fact, all the books of Saimum Series are published from Bangla Shahitta Parishad. He wrote many other books as well, including Kalo Panchisher Age O Pore and Amra Sei Se Jati.
Plot of Saimum Series
Ahmad Musa is the protagonist of Saimum Series. We come to know about his past in the first book of the series. He once had a family. He used to live with them in Sinkiang, a state of China. As they were Muslims, they were attacked by China Military. Many people died in there and many fled out of Sinkiang. But most of them, including his parents and his brother, were killed on the way. At first, they decided to cross the border of China and go to Tibet. But they found that the Tibetan border is sealed, therefore they decided to go to Afghanistan, crossing Himalayas. When they crossed the ice-covered Himalayas, only 850 persons of them were alive among the whole fifty-thousand people.
Then we are introduced to his new identity; he is the most discussed person and the headache of the imperialistic power, the central gem of Saimum. Saimum is an organization working for oppressed people and against the imperialistic power. Ahmad Musa is also a preacher of Islam, the religion of peace. He believes in his Creator Allah and always does his best to fulfil the responsibility that Allah has given him. Most of the times he risks his life in order to carry out this immense duty.
Some of his great contributions are:
- He and Saimum were responsible for the independence of Palestine from Israel.
- He stopped a great conspiracy of wiping out Muslims from Mindanao, a small island near Philippine.
- He made possible to happen the independence of a new country in Central-Asia.
- He went to Caucasus to stop Muslims from being killed by a Christian terrorist group.
- He contributed to Córdoba and ceased the fearsome terrorism of Ku Klux Klan. There, he also brought to an end the misery of the Muslim peoples who were oppressed and were persecuted by the Spanish Christians. There, the Muslims were called as Morisco, and were treated by the Christians inhumanly.
- He went to France to stop the historical Muslim structures from being destroyed.
- He fought against a terrorist group called 'Black Cross'.
- He brought to light great conspiracy of wiping out Muslims from Africa.
- He went to Russia to end a formidable conspiracy related to Czar.
- He went to a small Island in North America called 'Turks' to stop an extremist group from terminating the Muslim young men.
- A great conspiracy of Ariel Sharon, the organizer of a secret terrorist organization in the United States, was brought to light by him.
- He unravelled the secret of kidnapping the 7 famous detectives of 'Sputnik', a famous detective firm in Europe. Moreover, he solved the mystery of destroying the World Trade Center.
- He stopped the conspiracy of wiping out Muslims from Suriname, a country of South America.
- He went to Andaman, a small island of India to save Muslims from being wiped out. Besides, he also rescued the Mughal Prince Ahmad Shah Alamgir, who was getting tormented by the Hindus.
He had been to Suriname, Pattani, Thailand, Armenia, Germany, Polynesian Islands to retrieve and rescue the oppressed people. He is still working for them.
Ahmad Musa was first engaged to Fatima Farhana, an Uzbek girl. But unfortunately he was kidnapped a night before their wedding, and Farhana was woefully murdered by his kidnappers. A few months later, he got married to Maily Guly, who had been an actress of Central-Asia. She was from a Muslim Uyghur background; her name was originally Amina Guly. She returned to her faith when she met Ahmad Musa. After their marriage, the same day, Ahmad Musa went on to another mission. Ahmad Musa learned about his wife, Amina, is missing or she had been abducted. He fulfilled his mission in Spain and finally met Amina in his captured condition. The intention of the enemies was to kill Ahmad Musa. Amina was martyred saving Ahmad Musa. Later he was married to Maria Josephine, a princess of the prominent Bourbon family, who is also an heir to the French Louise Family. Maria converted to Islam after getting mesmerized by the essence of this religion. They had a son named Ahmad Abdullah. Maria Josephine and Ahmad Abdullah were about to be kidnapped in America, but the FBI averted the kidnappers' plans from being successful. Before leaving the US, Ahmad Musa had to marry another woman, named Sara Jefferson. She was a descendant of Thomas Jefferson, a Founding Father of the USA. She had also converted to Islam by getting engrossed in it. Sara unconsciously fell in love with Ahmad Musa when he was doing a mission in America. She also significantly helped Ahmad Musa during his mission in Turkey. When the alliance of Ahmad and Sara arose, Ahmad Musa at first hesitated to marry her. But later, when Maria Josephine expressed her disappointments for not doing any justice to Sara Jefferson and made it coherent to him that Islam allows a second marriage with certain conditions, Ahmad Musa agreed and wedded her. Subsequently, Ahmad Musa travelled to Armenia to aid innocent people.
Published books of Saimum Series
Published books of Saimum Series are—
- Operation Tel Aviv-1 (Bengali: অপারেশন তেলআবিব-১)
- Operation Tel Aviv-2 (Bengali: অপারেশন তেলআবিব-২)
- Prisoners of Mindanao (Bengali: মিন্দানাওয়ের বন্দী)
- Howl of Pamir (Bengali: পামিরের আর্তনাদ)
- Blood-Smeared Pamir (Bengali: রক্তাক্ত পামির)
- Beyond The Blood Sea (Bengali: রক্ত সাগর পেরিয়ে)
- On the Other Side of Tian Shan (Bengali: তিয়েনশানের ওপারে)
- From Xinjiang to Caucasus (Bengali: সিংকিয়াং থেকে ককেশাস)
- In The Hills of Caucasus (Bengali: ককেশাসের পাহাড়ে)
- Wails of Balkan (Bengali: বলকানের কান্না)
- In The Country of Danube (Bengali: দানিয়ুবের দেশে)
- Tears of Córdoba (Bengali: কর্ডোভার অশ্রু)
- In the Steppe of Andalusia (Bengali: আন্দালুসিয়ার প্রান্তরে)
- New Currents in Guadalquivir (Bengali: গোয়াদেলকুইভারে নতুন স্রোত)
- Again Xinjiang (Bengali: আবার সিংকিয়াং)
- Dark Clouds Over Central Asia (Bengali: মধ্য এশিয়ায় কালো মেঘ)
- Seized by Black Cross (Bengali: ব্ল্যাক ক্রসের কবলে)
- Facing Black Cross (Bengali: ব্ল্যাক ক্রসের মুখোমুখি)
- Cross and Crescent (Bengali: ক্রস এবং ক্রিসেন্ট)
- In Dark Africa (Bengali: অন্ধকার আফ্রিকায়)
- In the Black Land of Congo (Bengali: কঙ্গোর কালো বুকে)
- Invisible Fright (Bengali: অদৃশ্য আতঙ্ক)
- A Royal Conspiracy (Bengali: রাজচক্র)
- Hidden Treasure of Czar (Bengali: জারের গুপ্তধন)
- On the Other Side of Atlantic (Bengali: আটলান্টিকের ওপারে)
- In the Island of the Caribbean (Bengali: ক্যারিবিয়ানের দ্বীপদেশে)
- In the Bank of Mississippi (Bengali: মিসিসিপির তীরে)
- In a Darkness of America (Bengali: আমেরিকার এক অন্ধকারে)
- Another War in America (Bengali: আমেরিকায় আরেক যুদ্ধ)
- A New World (Bengali: এক নিউ ওয়ার্ল্ড)
- Free America (Bengali: ফ্রি আমেরিকা)
- Octopus' Farewell (Bengali: অক্টোপাশের বিদায়)
- Crisis of Suriname (Bengali: সুরিনামের সংকটে)
- Mafia in Suriname (Bengali: সুরিনামে মাফিয়া)
- New Gulag (Bengali: নতুন গুলাগ)
- Gulag Expedition (Bengali: গুলাগ অভিযান)
- From Gulag to Twin Towers (Bengali: গুলাগ থেকে টুইনটাওয়ার)
- Devastated Towers (Bengali: ধ্বংস টাওয়ার)
- Beneath the Devastated Towers (Bengali: ধ্বংস টাওয়ারের নীচে)
- In Black Water of Andaman (Bengali: কালাপানির আন্দামানে)
- Andaman Conspiracy (Bengali: আন্দামান ষড়যন্ত্র)
- Submerging Mountain (Bengali: ডুবো পাহাড়)
- In the Green Forest of Pattani (Bengali: পাত্তানীর সবুজ অরণ্যে)
- Terrorism of Black Eagle (Bengali: ব্লাক ঈগলের সন্ত্রাস)
- The Call of Bosphorus (Bengali: বসফরাসের আহ্বান)
- In Rumelihisarı Fortress (Bengali: রোমেলি দুর্গে)
- Explosion in Bosphorus (Bengali: বসফরাসে বিস্ফোরণ)
- Behind Mount Ararat (Bengali: মাউন্ট আরারাতের আড়ালে)
- Anatolia in Danger (Bengali: বিপদে আনাতোলিয়া)
- In Search of an Island (Bengali: একটি দ্বীপের সন্ধানে)
- In The Dangerous Island of the Pacific (Bengali: প্যাসেফিকের ভয়ঙ্কর দ্বীপে)
- Clone Collusion (Bengali: ক্লোন ষড়যন্ত্র)
- From Rhine to Arendsee (Bengali: রাইন থেকে অ্যারেন্ডসী)
- Again in America (Bengali: আবার আমেরিকায়)
- Death Valley (Bengali: ডেথ ভ্যালী)
- In the Boundaries of Armenia (Bengali: আর্মেনিয়া সীমান্তে)
- Endangered Dvin Valley (Bengali: আতংকের দিভিন উপত্যকা)
- Treasure Island (Bengali: রত্ন দ্বীপ)
- Endangered Treasure Island (Bengali: বিপন্ন রত্নদ্বীপ)
- In the Hearts of Hui, Uyghur | Bengali: হুই উইঘুরের হৃদয়ে
Upcoming: Frightening Dragon (Bengali: ড্রাগন ভয়ংকর)
Saimum Series Unicode Project
A project name Saimum Series Unicode Project (সাইমুম সিরিজ ইউনিকোড প্রোজেক্ট) have launched to bring out Saimum Series in Unicode Bengali. Some volunteer are working in this project. The ultimate goal of this project is to spread Saimum Series all over the world specially to the Bengali people. Now almost all the books have been brought out in Unicode.
- Riaz, Ali; Naser, Md. Abu (2010). "Islamist Politics and Popular Culture". In Riaz, Ali; Fair, C. Christine. Political Islam and Governance in Bangladesh. Routledge. pp. 142–143. ISBN 978-1-136-92624-2.