Location within the Yvelines department
|No. of communes||12|
|Area||119.2 km2 (46.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,938/km2 (5,020/sq mi)|
Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines [sɛ̃ kɑ̃.tɛ̃ ɑ̃.n‿iv.lin] is a new town and a communauté d'agglomération in the French département of Yvelines. It is one of the original five villes nouvelles (new towns) of Paris and was named after the Saint Quentin Pond, which was chosen to become the town's centre. The town was built from a greenfield site starting in the 1960s. In 2014, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines had a population of 231,057. It is part of the much larger Paris metropolitan area, and is around 25 km (16 mi) west of the centre of Paris.
- Les Clayes-sous-Bois
- La Verrière
Of these communes, Montigny-le-Bretonneux is the most centrally located and has the largest population. The 2 most importants communes are Trappes and Montigny.
The population of the whole communauté d'agglomération has grown almost tenfold in the last 40 years, from a population of 15,118 in 1962.
|Population||15 118||24 866||49 777||93 906||128 663||142 737||145 966||146 598|
Its president is Robert Cadalbert.
Until 2019, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines served as the start and finish point of the famous Paris–Brest–Paris bicycling endurance event.
At one time Bouygues had its head office in the Kevin Roche-designed Challenger complex in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. It is now occupied by Bouygues Construction, one of the group's subsidiaries.
The city has a velodrome, the Vélodrome de Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. It was built between 2011 and 2014 and hosted the 2015 UCI Track Cycling World Championships and the 2016 UEC European Track Championships. Next to the velodrome is also a BMX track.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2015)
Senior high schools/sixth form colleges:
- Lycée les Sept Mares (Maurepas)
- Lycée Sonia Delaunay (Villepreux)
- Lycée Dumont d'Urville (Maurepas)
- Lycée Descartes de Montigny le Bretonneux
- Lycée des métiers Louis Blériot (Trappes)
- Lycée d'hôtellerie et de tourisme de Guyancourt
- Lycée des métiers Henri Matisse (Trappes)
- Lycée de la Plaine de Neauphle (Trappes)
- Lycée de Villaroy (Guyancourt)
- Lycée Jean-Vilar (Plaisir)
- BANATIC, Périmètre des EPCI à fiscalité propre. Accessed 2017-06-28.
- "Intercommunalité-Métropole de CA de Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (200058782) − COG | Insee". www.insee.fr. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- "Legal information Archived 2015-06-23 at the Wayback Machine." Europcar. Retrieved on June 23, 2015. "and whose registered office is Bat OP, 2 rue René Caudron, 78960 Voisins-le-Bretonneux, France"
- "Our Headquarters Archived 2011-12-26 at the Wayback Machine." Europcar. Retrieved on 26 December 2011. "3 avenue du Centre Immeuble Les Quadrants 78881 St QUENTIN en Yvelines FRANCE "
- "Bouygues reste fidèle à son architecte". Le Journal du Net (in French). Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Contacts Archived 2011-12-29 at the Wayback Machine." Bouygues Construction. Retrieved on 27 December 2011. "Bouygues Construction Challenger 1, avenue Eugène Freyssinet Guyancourt 78061 St-Quentin-en-Yvelines France"
- "France beats favourites Spain to host 2018 Ryder Cup". May 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Paris-Brest-Paris 2019". www.paris-brest-paris.org. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
Media related to Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines at Wikimedia Commons
- The communauté d'agglomération 's website (in English)
- The communauté d'agglomération 's website (in French)