Moving your way.
|Traded as||Euronext: EUCAR
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Founded||Paris, France (1949)|
(Chairman & CEO)
|Revenue||1,949,000,000 € (2014)|
Number of employees
Europcar is a French car rental company founded in 1949 in Paris.The head office of the holding company, Europcar Group S.A., is in the business park of Val Saint-Quentin at Voisins-le-Bretonneux (Saint Quentin en Yvelines), France.
Today Europcar operates in 140 countries covering Europe, North America, Western Asia, and Africa. Since May 2006, Europcar has been owned by Eurazeo, one of the top listed investment companies in Europe.
Europcar was founded in 1949 in Paris by Raoul-Louis Mattei under the name of "The Automobile Subscription". The "Europcars" brand was created in 1951. After 20 years of growth, the company was then owned from 1970 to 1988 by Renault, the Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits and Accor.
Buy-back by Eurazeo
In 2006, Eurazeo, the investment company, bought Europcar from Volkswagen group. The amount of the transaction was worth 2.4 times Europcar's turnover in 2005. The chairman of the Board of Eurazeo, Patrick Sayer, said: "We are thrilled by the acquisition of Europcar. With an initial participation of 900 million euros, it is due to become of the most significant investments for Eurazeo." 
In May 2015, Europcar announced its intention to go public.
In early 2017, the company announced a trio of acquisition: Milan based GuidaMi, Europcar Denmark and Germany based Buchbinder. In June, the company announced its intention to acquire low-cost car rental company, Goldcar, for an enterprise value of €550 million ($616 million).
Europcar began sponsoring sport teams in 1980. The group sponsored a Formula One Renault team and the Paris-Dakar rally. The company was also involved in other sports such as golf, horse racing and marathons.
Since 2011, Europcar has been sponsoring the French professional road cycling team managed by Jean-René Bernaudeau, names after the brand: Team Europcar. The group received the "Sponsor of the year" title for its involvement in cycling, awarded by Sporsora.
The company is invested in the "Green Charter" programme, certified by Bureau Veritas and is also a partner of WeForest, an international non-profit organisation whose goal is to foster reforestation. · 
In June 2014, the Australian Federal Court ruled that a Europcar franchisee (now corporate owned) in Tasmania had engaged in unconscionable conduct and made false or misleading representations when charging customers for damage to hire vehicles" and fined the former franchisee owner $264,000.'
- "Legal information." Europcar. Retrieved on June 23, 2015. "and whose registered office is Bat OP, 2 rue René Caudron, 78960 Voisins-le-Bretonneux, France"
- "History - Europcar". www.europcar-group.com.
- "Corporate profile - Europcar". www.europcar-group.com.
- Wallmeyer, Andrew (10 March 2006). "Eurazeo to buy VW's Europcar unit for €3.3bn" – via Financial Times.
- Dumitrache, Alina (18 October 2010). "Daimler and Europcar Bring car2go to Hamburg".
- SBC News, September 11th 2014, Philippe Germond departs as PMU CEO
- "Europcar acquires Ubeeqo car-sharing service". www.fleetnews.co.uk.
- "Europcar plans to raise €475m with Paris stock listing - Buying Business Travel". buyingbusinesstravel.com.
- Rodriguez, Wout Vergauwen and Dominique. "France's Europcar to acquire low-cost rival Goldcar".
- "Our Headquarters." Europcar. Retrieved on 26 December 2011. "3 avenue du Centre Immeuble Les Quadrants 78881 St QUENTIN en Yvelines FRANCE "
- "Legal Mentions." Europcar. Retrieved on 26 December 2011. "Registered office: 3 avenue du Centre, 78881 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France"
- "Europcar Awarded "Sponsor of the Year"".
- "Europcar partners with Arsenal FC ahead of new Premier League season".
- "Europcar – Communication on Progress 2013 - UN Global Compact". www.unglobalcompact.org.
- Business Traveller, June 20th 2008, Europcar launches Green Charter
- "WeForest, Weforest.org".
- "" Mercury News, 25 May 2014, "Court slams hire car rip-off..."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Europcar.|