Saline Area Schools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Saline Area Schools is a school district headquartered in Liberty School in Saline, Michigan. The district serves Saline, Pittsfield Charter Township, and a portions of York Charter Township, Lodi Township and Saline Township .
- Saline High School (Grades 9-12) is located in Pittsfield Charter Township, just east of the City of Saline. Approved as part of Community Project 2000 and completed in August 2004, Saline High School is the largest in Michigan at approximately 480,000 sq ft (45,000 m2), totaling in $60,000,000.00, or $125.00 per square foot. It replaces the old high school which was approximately half its size. This building has 54 general classrooms, one-eight lane stretch pool, two gymnasiums (a 2,200-seat gymnasium, and an auxiliary gymnasium), a television studio, a 1,100-seat auditorium, and an extensive library.
- Saline Middle School (Grades 6-8) moved into the "old" High School on Maple Road for the 2006-2007 school year. At 250,000 square feet (23,000 m2), it is twice the size of Saline Liberty School which houses administrative offices and the Alternative High School. This building can house up to 1,100 students, as well as the Senior Center which occupies one wing of the facility. It still has, even though slightly smaller than the Liberty School's, a woodshop. As well as the high school, the middle school has a small green screen room as an annex to the multimedia classroom where a group of the students produce the schools video announcements and school yearbook known as "The Hornet", affectionately named after the school districts mascot the "Saline Hornets".
- Heritage (Grades 4-5)
- Woodland Meadows (Grades K-3)
- Harvest Elementary School (Grades K-3)
- Pleasant Ridge (Grades K-3)
- Houghton (Closed)