The Samsung NX-mount is the lens mount used on NX series mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras by Samsung. The mount was first implemented in the Samsung NX10, and Samsung initially referred to the NX line as 'hybrid digital cameras', citing their combination of attributes of both DSLR and compact cameras.
The mount is designed for APS-C image sensors, with a 1.54x crop factor. Optical image stabilization is featured on some of the lenses, indicated by an "OIS" marking. Automatic focusing on NX lenses is handled by a dedicated electric motor built into the lens.
Samsung NX lenses (with some early exceptions) include i-Function (iFn), which allows control of various camera settings via a ring and button on the lens. NX5 and NX10 cameras support iFn since firmware 1.10 and 1.20 respectively, while all subsequent models support iFn natively.
- 1 NX lenses
- 2 Lenses Roadmap
- 3 Adaptation to non-NX lenses
- 4 Compared with other mounts
- 4.1 Lens Reviews
- 4.1.1 10mm f/2.8
- 4.1.2 12mm f/2
- 4.1.3 16mm f/2.4
- 4.1.4 20mm f/2.8
- 4.1.5 30mm f/2
- 4.1.6 45mm f/1.8
- 4.1.7 60mm f/2.8
- 4.1.8 85mm f/1.4
- 4.1.9 12-24mm mm f/4-5.6 ED
- 4.1.10 16-50mm mm f/2-2.8 OIS
- 4.1.11 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS
- 4.1.12 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OIS
- 4.1.13 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 ED
- 4.1.14 50-200mm f/4-5.6 OIS
- 4.1.15 Samyang 8 mm f/2.8 UMC Fisheye
- 4.1 Lens Reviews
- 5 See also
- 6 References
Samsung NX lenses are listed in the following sortable table.
|Focal length||35mm EFL||Angle of view||Aperture range||Mark||Macro||VCM||SSA||OIS||Pancake||iFn||Series||Filter size|
|20mm||30.8mm (35mm raw)||70°||f/2.8||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Carry||43mm|
|30mm||46.2mm (50mm raw)||50°||f/2||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Carry||43mm|
|II / III||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Optima||52mm|
Samyang Optics (Bower, Rokinon, Walimex) lenses for NX-mount include:
- MF 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye (35mm EFL = 12mm)
- MF 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye (35mm EFL = 12mm)
- MF 8mm T3.8 Fisheye (35mm EFL = 12mm)
- MF 10mm f/2.8 (35mm EFL = 15mm)
- MF 12mm f/2.0 (35mm EFL = 18mm)
- MF 14mm f/2.8 (35mm EFL = 21mm)
- MF 14mm T3.1 (35mm EFL = 21mm)
- MF 24mm f/1.4 (35mm EFL = 38mm)
- MF 24mm T1.5 (35mm EFL = 38mm)
- MF 35mm f/1.4 (35mm EFL = 54mm)
- MF 85mm f/1.4 (35mm EFL = 130mm)
Three manual focus lenses were announced by Samyang Optics in June, 2010, 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye; 14mm f/2.8 and the 85mm f/1.4. At photokina 2010 event (September 2010), Samyang Optics announced the new 35mm f/1.4 available for NX-mount.
Lensbaby announced the availability of its Composer Pro for NX mount with different optics.
Adaptation to non-NX lenses
An adapter for the K-mount lenses has been announced (ED-MA9NXK) by Samsung, and various adapters are produced by Novoflex to adapt lenses made for Nikon F-mount, Canon FD lens mount, Minolta SR mount, Minolta AF, Sony A-mount, Leica R bayonet, Pentax K-mount, Olympus OM system, M42 lens mount, and T2 mount. Various adapters are also available from Kiwifotos.
Compared with other mounts
12-24mm mm f/4-5.6 ED
16-50mm mm f/2-2.8 OIS
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS
18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OIS
20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 ED
50-200mm f/4-5.6 OIS
Samyang 8 mm f/2.8 UMC Fisheye
- "Samsung's hybrid NX Series camera: point-and-shoot with DSLR-like image sensor". March 2, 2009.
- Samsung @photokina 2010! http://www.samsungimaging.net
- 85mm /F1.4 Aspherical IF - Samyang
- 14mm /F2.8 - Samyang
- 8mm /F3.5 (Fish-eye lens) - Samyang
- Adapter für das Samsung NX System
- Kiwifotos - Product - Others