Samuel A. Peeples
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samuel A. Peeples
|Born||Samuel Anthony Peeples|
September 22, 1917
|Died||August 27, 1997(aged 79)|
|Pen name||Brad Ward|
|Relatives||Samuel Calvin Peeples, father. Lillius Ettie Hamblin, mother.|
Samuel Anthony Peeples (September 22, 1917 – August 27, 1997) was an American writer. He published several novels in the Western genre, often under the pen name Brad Ward, before moving into series television after being given a script assignment by Frank Gruber. He is known to Star Trek fans for his script for the second pilot episode, "Where No Man Has Gone Before", as well as "Beyond the Farthest Star", the first episode of the animated series Star Trek. He also wrote an alternative script, Worlds That Never Were, for the second Star Trek motion picture, but it was not used; instead the producers decided to continue work on the script which would be filmed as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. However, one character from his draft, Doctor Savik, would eventually morph into the character of Lieutenant Saavik.
Peeples died of cancer September 22, 1997 at age 79.
- The Dream Ends in Fury (1949) (paperback title: Outlaw Vengeance)
- The Hanging Hills (as Brad Ward) (1952)
- Johnny Sundance (as Brad Ward) (1953)
- The Marshal Of Medicine Bend (as Brad Ward) (1954)
- The Baron of Boot Hill (as Brad Ward) (1954)
- The Lobo Horseman (1955) aka (The Lobo Horseman: Was he the last threat to Dynamite Valley?)
- The Call of the Gun (1955)
- The Man from Andersonville (1956) (as Brad Ward)
- Terror at Tres Alamos (1956)
- Doc Colt (1957)
- Frontier Street (as Brad Ward) (1958)
- The Man Who Died Twice (1976)
- Why I Am A Gangster (1978)
- Advance to the Rear (with William Bowers) 1967
- Final Chapter: Walking Tall (with Howard B. Kreitzek) 1977
Television Series, as creator
- The Tall Man 1960
- Custer 1968
- Lancer 1968, wrote the Pilot, High Riders
- Wanted: Dead or Alive 1958
- "The Bounty"
- "Rawhide Breed"
- "Bounty for a Bride"
- The Rifleman 1958
- "The Angry Gun
- Bonanza 1959
- "The Saddle Stiff"
- Overland Trail 1960
- "Daughter of the Sioux"
- "First Stage to Denver"
- "High Bridge"
- "The Most Dangerous Gentleman"
- "Vigilantes of Montana"
- "Westbound Stage"
- Burke's Law 1963
- The Rogues 1964
- "Our Men in Marawat"
- A Man Called Shenandoah 1965
- The Legend of Jesse James (1965)
- Star Trek 1966
- Star Trek 1973
- Jason of Star Command (1978)
- season 1, episodes 1 to 6
- Spectre (with Gene Roddenberry) 1977
- A Real American Hero 1978
- Flash Gordon: The Greatest Adventure of All 1982