San Diego Toreros
|San Diego Toreros|
|University||University of San Diego|
|Conference||West Coast Conference, Pioneer Football League|
|NCAA||Division I FCS|
|Athletic director||Ky Snyder|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Football stadium||Torero Stadium|
|Basketball arena||Jenny Craig Pavilion|
|Baseball stadium||Fowler Park|
Navy blue Columbia blue White
The San Diego Toreros are the 17 teams representing the University of San Diego of San Diego, California in intercollegiate athletics. The Toreros compete in NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and are members of the West Coast Conference for most sports.
Men's Intercollegiate Sports
Women's Intercollegiate Sports
- * = The football team competes in the Pioneer Football League.
- ‡ = Men's rowing is sanctioned by the Intercollegiate Rowing Association, not by the NCAA. USD's men's rowing team competes in the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association (WIRA), and the women's team competes in both the West Coast Conference and the WIRA.
- † = The swimming and diving team competes in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation.
- ^ = The track team competes as an independent.
Notable non-varsity teams
The University of San Diego Rugby Football Club was founded in 1980. USD plays college rugby in Division 1-AA in the Gold Coast Conference. They are coached by Andrew Castle. In the 2013–14 season, USD finished 7–1 in conference play and qualified for the D1-AA national playoffs, where they defeated Brown 55–28 and West Virginia 34–14, before losing to the eventual champion Central Florida in the semifinals. USD Rugby plays its home games at Manchester Field.
- "University of San Diego". sandiego.edu.
- "The West Coast Conference Official Athletic Site". wccsports.com.
- "USDTOREROS.COM - University of San Diego Official Athletic Site". usdtoreros.com.
- History, USD Toreros Rugby. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- 2013-14 Men's DI-AA College National Championship. Retrieved October 9, 2014.