San Mateo National High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"San Mateo National High School"
Mataas na Paaralang Nasyonal ng San Mateo
San Mateo, Rizal
|491 GSIS Road, Guitnang Bayan,
San Mateo, Rizal
|Type||Public High School|
|Motto||Every Child is a Learner|
|Principal||Mr. Absalon C. Fernandez|
|Number of students||3,432 (as of S.Y. 2014 - 2015)|
The school was established in 1985 through the leadership of the former Municipal Mayor Nemesio Roxas.
The school started with 90 first year students with only 5 teachers through the approval of a temporary permit #73. Soon, the exceedingly large number of enrollees in the next school year, 1986–87 paved the way for the hiring of more teachers and non-teaching personnel. Initially, Dr. Crisanto Rivera acted as the Officer-In-Charge. Upon his exit in 1986, Mrs. Leticia A. Bautista took office for two consecutive years until 1988.
San Mateo Municipal High School was converted to a National High School under the management of Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas who served as the principal from 1988–2000. Apparently within her term, she was able to transpire physical improvements of the school facilities to meet the demands of the growing population. Makeshifts and 2 Ynares buildings were constructed through her consistent follow up at the municipal and provincial offices. Until then, Computer Room, Science Building, H.E. Room and Library were made possible for quality service.
The first annex was established in 1994 pursuant to R.A. # 6655 addressing the growing need of the barangay for a public school in Barangay Silangan, San Mateo, Rizal. The annex started with one section of first year. When the AFP Retirement and Separation Benefit System granted the deed of donation on March 22, 1997, providing their own school site, Silangan Annex was separated from the main. It was therefore renamed, Silangan National High School under the leadership of Mr. Remigio Olesco as the former Teacher-In-Charge and presently managed by Mr. Ricardo C. Vergara, Principal I. Later, another annex was founded, the Sto. Niño Annex which was headed by Mrs. Carmelita G. Olesco followed by Mrs. Flora V. Caron as TIC’s, to address the growing population of Barangay Sto. Niño. In 2006, this annex was declared as an Independent School, presently known as Sto. Niño National High School.
Last January 2014, Dr. Vidal F. Mendoza Ph. D. was replaced by Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas Principal IV of Francisco P. Felix Memorial National High School in order to come back in her Home School served for more than 13 years. And to plan in her retirement in July 2015, In her administration, 2 Department Chairmen were promoted to principals. In January 2014, Mrs. Mila N. Ramirez, Chairman of Mathematics Department was promoted to Principal in Guinayang Annex National High School. In 2015 Ms. Anagine E. Sindac, Chairman of Filipino Department was promoted to Principal of Pintong Bukawe National High School. Their occupied positions in the Department were occupied by Mrs. Lorna Naval in Mathematics and Mrs. Erlinda C. Lariego in Filipino. In July 2015, on her 65th Birthday, Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas announced in her retirement from service, in the same month, Mr. Absalon Fernandez occupied the position of Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas as a Principal.
Special Science curriculum
In School Year 2014-2015 San Mateo National High School commenced the Special Science curriculum to the K–12 Basic Education Curriculum.
Past and Present Administrators
- Mr. Absalon C. Fernandez - 2015–Present
- Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas - 2014–2015
- Dr. Vidal F. Mendoza - 2007–2014
- Mrs. Remedios C. Gervacio - 2000–2007
- Mrs. Corazon Laserna - 2000
- Ms. Juana M. Garrovillas - 1988–2000
- Mrs. Leticia Bautista - 1987–1988
- Dr. Crisanto Rivera - 1986–1987
|Learning Areas||Master Teacher||Teacher III||Teacher II||Teacher I||Total|
Clubs and Organization
There are many extra curricular activities to vastly participate in for instance the school has a variety of clubs which are all student run and are all very active in the school's community. Clubs include:
- Supreme Student Government
- Literary Club
- Book Lover's Club
- Numbers Club
- Interact Club
- TUKLAS Club (Taking Off to Unlock Knowledge in Lifelong Advances in Science)
- YES-O (Youth for Environment in Schools Organization)
- KaMFIL Club (Kapisanan ng mga Batang Mag-aaral sa Filipino)
- Araling Panlipunan Club
- M.A.P.E.H. Club
- T.L.E. Club
- S.T.E.P. Club (Student Technologists and Entrepreneur of the Philippines)
- ESP Club (Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao)
- The Salandra (The Official School Publication of San Mateo National High School in English)
- Ang Bunsamat (Ang Opisyal na Pahayagan ng San Mateo National High School sa Filipino)
- Boy Scouts of The Philippines Outfit 200/Circle 201
- Girl Scouts of The Philippines
- Red Cross Youth
Special Projects and Programs
- Project ALS (Alternative Learning System)
- Project Share (Student’s Hour for Acquiring Reading Experiences)
- Speech Mo, Improve Natin!
- Project MATHULUNGAN
- Project ACE (Actual Competition for Excellence)
- Remediation Program in English, Science & Mathematics
- Rated K: Kasaysayan, Kultura at Kabuhayan
- SSG: Serbisyong Totoo
- SSG: AT YUR SERBIS (Student Power)
- Project TM-IM (Talento Mo, Ipakita Mo!)
- Project OSA (One Step Ahead)
- Sagip Bata / Lingap Bata
- Project IMD: In-service, Masteral and Demofest
- 0% Backlog (Absenteeism of Faculty)
- Project TENT (Teachers Enhancement in Mathematics)
- TGIS (Thank God It’s Saturday for Teacher’s Pursuing Post-Graduate Studies
- Project SOS’s (Sharing Oneself, Strategies and Style)
- Project BOW (Budget of Work)
- Project M & M (Modules in Math)
- Book Shower/Book Hunting
- Project CID (Curriculum Development)
- Tapat Ko, Linis Ko!
- Project PDCC (Promote and Develop Concern to Classroom)
- Operation KALMA: Kailangan Laging Malinis
- Skul Mo, Pakilala Mo!
- SMNHS Foundation Inc.
- Project Ligtas (Disaster Preparedness)
- Project TUKLAS (Taking Off to Unlock Knowledge for Lifelong Advances in Science)
- BSP: Summer Basic Literacy Program