Sana'a Mehaidli (Arabic: سناء محيدلي; August 14, 1968 – April 9, 1985) was a member of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party who, at the age of 16 blew herself and a Peugeot filled with explosives up next to an Israeli convoy in Jezzine, Lebanon, during the Israeli occupation of South Lebanon. Two Israeli soldiers were killed and twelve were injured.
Sana'a Mehaidli was born in the village of Anqoun, near Sidon, in Lebanon. She has four brothers and one sister. She worked at a video store, where she later recorded her will. In early 1985, she joined the Syrian Social Nationalist Party that was affiliated with the Lebanese National Resistance Front.
- "سناء محيدلي عروس الجنوب - سناء محيدلي عروس الجنوب اللبناني". 6 December 2013. Archived from the original on December 6, 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2016.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "(Female) Suicide Bombers". 12 August 2008. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- The Hijacked Caravan Archived 2007-03-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "http://www.fbiic.gov/public/2008/sept/NCTC%20Did%20you%20know%20the%20first%20suicide%20bombing%20may%20have%20occurred%20in%201881.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 8 June 2016. External link in
- FEMALE SUICIDE BOMBERS |Debra D. Zedalis| Strategic Studies Institute |June 2004
- Zedalis, Debra D. (1 August 2004). Female Suicide Bombers. The Minerva Group, Inc. ISBN 9781410215932. Retrieved 8 June 2016 – via Google Books.
- Female Suicide Bombers Archived 2010-02-10 at the Wayback Machine| Debra D. Zedalis| University Press of the Pacific| 2004| Iraq militants turn to women for suicide attacks,
- Rajan, V. G. Julie (2011). Women Suicide Bombers: Narratives of Violence. Routledge. p. 225. ISBN 9781136760211. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
Rosemary Skaine writes about Sana'a Mehaidli the first terrorist suicide bomber and first women bomber for the Syrian Socialist Network Party ...
- Wedeen, Lisa (15 June 1999). Ambiguities of Domination: Politics, Rhetoric, and Symbols in Contemporary Syria. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 9780226877884. Retrieved 8 June 2016 – via Google Books.