|Origin||New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Past members||Mike Smith
Sandbox were a Canadian alternative rock band active in the 1990s. The band consisted of Paul Murray, nephew of singer Anne Murray on lead vocals, Mike Smith and Jason Archibald on guitar, Scott MacFarlane on bass and Troy Shanks on drums.
Canadian chart success
Their debut album Bionic was released in 1995. The album spawned their most well known single, "Curious", which reached No. 34 on Canada's RPM Singles chart and No. 8 on Canada's Alternative chart. The song also received regular airplay on MuchMusic. They were nominated for Best New Group at the Juno Awards of 1996.
Following the dissolution of the band, Smith went on to play Bubbles in the Canadian cult hit television series Trailer Park Boys. Bassist Scott MacFarlane played for Crush and Gordie Sampson. Jason Archibald graduated from Dalhousie University in 2001 with a degree in medicine.
- "Sandbox playing up a storm; New Glasgow quintet attracting many fans with popular new songs". Kingston Whig-Standard, March 28, 1996.
- "Sandbox sounds like Mellencamp on Prozac". Halifax Daily News, April 28, 1995.
- "Sandbox debut shows promise". Ottawa Citizen, May 20, 1995.
- "Top Singles - Volume 61, No. 27, July 07 1995". RPM. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
- "Rock/Alternative - Volume 61, No. 22, July 03 1995". RPM. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
- "Female artists garner most nominations in annual Juno race". Vancouver Sun, February 1, 1996.
- "Sandbox not ready for the big time". Halifax Daily News, October 24, 1997.
- "Bubbles eyes music projects", canoe.ca, April 24, 2006.