Mug shot taken in 1969
|Born||Sandra Collins Good
February 20, 1944
San Diego, California, USA
|Criminal charge||Conspiracy to send threatening letters|
|Criminal penalty||15 years in prison
(served about 10)
|Criminal status||Paroled in 1985|
Sandra Collins Good (born February 20, 1944) is a long-time member of the Manson Family and a close friend of Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme. Good's Manson Family nickname is "Blue", which was given to her by Charles Manson to represent clean air and water.
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
She was born in San Diego, California, the daughter of a stockbroker. Her parents divorced when she was four years old. Good attended Point Loma High School and was a member of the Student Opinion Club. Good attended California State University Sacramento, the University of Oregon and San Francisco State College off and on for seven years, but never received a degree.
Good joined the Manson Family in April 1968 and a few months later went with them when they moved to a new home at Spahn Ranch, in the mountains west of Chatsworth. She was in jail with Mary Brunner for attempting to use stolen credit cards when the Tate/La Bianca murders took place, but was back at the ranch in time to get arrested on the August 16th raid.
She has a son named Ivan S. Pugh (born September 16, 1969). Various men have been named as the father, most notably Joel Pugh (June 7, 1940 – December 1, 1969), who was found dead in a London hotel room under suspicious circumstances.
In a telephone interview with WWL (AM) in New Orleans soon after Lynette Fromme's attempted assassination of Gerald Ford, Good threatened that "a wave of assassins" from a group that she identified as the International Peoples Court of Retribution (see ATWA) would kill or disfigure certain business executives whom she named as well as members of their families. Good accused the executives of polluting the environment. On September 10, 1975, in a subsequent interview with Barbara Frum of the CBC radio program As It Happens Good made similar threats against persons to avenge the killing of trees.
On December 22, 1975, Good and another Manson devotee, Susan Murphy, were indicted for "conspiracy to send threatening letters through the mail" by a Federal Grand Jury in Sacramento, in connection with death threats against more than 170 corporate executives who Good believed (see ATWA) were polluting the earth.
Good was paroled in early December 1985, after having served 10 years. Unlike many of the Family members, Good still professed total allegiance to Manson. A stipulation of her parole was that she could not return to California. She moved to Vermont, where she lived quietly under the name Sandra Collins (or at times, "Blue Collins") until 1989, when her environmental activism made the news and her identity was made public.
After her time on parole ended, Good moved to Hanford, California, near Corcoran State Prison, to be closer to Manson, although she was not allowed to visit him. On January 26, 1996, she and George Stimson began a pro-Manson website on which they claimed to have a real source of Manson thought. She also supported Manson's environmental movement, ATWA (Air Trees Water Animals). The website went offline in 2001, but is archived here.
Good has since left Hanford, and she and Stimson have ceased to make public statements in support of Manson. However, in 2014, Stimson published a book, Goodbye Helter Skelter, in which he detailed his belief that Manson didn't get a fair trial.
- "Image: Birth Certificate.jpg, (900 × 1161 px)". goodbyehelterskelter.com. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Bravin, Jess (1997). Squeaky: The Life and Times Of Lynette Alice Fromme. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-18762-9.
- "Evidence: The Story Of The Manson Family And Their Victims". CieloDrive.com. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- California Birth Index, Name: Ivan S. Pugh, Birth Date: Sep. 16, 1969, Sex: Male, Mother's Maiden Name: Good, Birth County: Los Angeles.
- Minnesota Birth Index, Name: Joel Dean Pugh, Birth Date: June 7, 1940, Birth County: Olmsted, Father: David G. Pugh, Mother: Marjorie Duncan, File Number: 1940-MN-001053.
- Bugliosi, Vincent. Helter Skelter, 1974, pg 241.
- Los Angeles Times, Dec. 23, 1975, "Sandra Good Indicted in Death Threat Conspiracy – 2 Manson Devotees Indicted", p. B 1.
- Los Angeles Times, Mar. 17, 1976, "Two Devotees of Manson Guilty of Death Threats", p. B 1.
- Los Angeles Times, Apr. 13, 1976, "Sandra Good Given 15-Year Sentence – Susan Murphy Gets 5 Years for Conspiracy", p. A 3.
- Los Angeles Times, Dec. 3, 1985, "Manson Follower Sandra Good Paroled", p. SD 2.
- "Image: Access Manson for Wikipedia.jpg, (790 × 866 px)". goodbyehelterskelter.com. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- "Goodbye Helter Skelter". goodbyehelterskelter.com. Retrieved 2015-09-03.