Santa Cruz Youth Union
The Santa Cruz Youth Union (Unión Juvenil Cruceñista) (UJC) is a movement based in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Founded in 1957 as an arm of the Pro Santa Cruz Committee (Comite Pro Santa Cruz), the UJC has recently become the subject of controversy and accusation concerning its activities in support of the Santa Cruz autonomy movement in opposition to the government of Evo Morales and his MAS political party.
Claiming a membership of more than two thousand, the UJC has violently enforced general civic strikes called for by the Pro Santa Cruz Committee, intimidated and assaulted leftist political opponents, and provided security for the 4 May Santa Cruz Autonomy referendum, participating in violent clashes the day of the vote. Two members of the UJC were arrested and accused of plotting to assassinate Morales on 20 June 2008, when encountered by police in possession of a rifle, scope, and ammunition in Santa Cruz prior to the president's flight arrival. Some sources claimed that they were captured at the airport, but others located the suspects in a popular market. Nevertheless, the prosecutor dismissed the case and they were both released shortly afterwards.
-  UDW, Ben Dangl. The Dark Side of Bolivia’s Half Moon January 2007
- BIF Bulletin No 8 Santa Cruz and the banner of autonomy
-  Amnesty Intl. Bolivia: Fear for safety 6 March 2007
-  AIN Illegal Autonomy Referendum Deepens Division in Bolivia 17 April 2008
-  UPD Santa Cruz Divided 8 May 2008
-  Prensa Latina Suspected Attackers of Evo Arrested 20 June 2008
- El gobierno boliviano dice que planeaban matar a Evo. El Ciudadano (in spanish). 21 June 2008.
- Operatoria y lenguaje de la UJC
- La ujc trato de voicotear concentración de sectores sociales
- Unión cruceñista golpea a campesinos
- Periodista salva indígena apaleado x juventud cruceñista
- SEPARATISTAS agreden policía BOLIVIA SANTA CRUZ 4 MAYO DE 2008
- Nación camba, discriminación a Bolivianos, 4 de mayo de 2008
- Bolivia Santa Cruz Violencia por parte de Unión Junevil
- Cruceños de barrios pobres se enfrentaron a unionistas en el paro convocado por empresarios y cívicos
- A las armas cruceños. Ahora (Habla David Cejas, dirigente de la UJC)
- Autonomia para los ricos, revolucion para los pobres 1
- Autonomia para los ricos, revolucion para los pobres 2
- Los unionistas piden asilo en la catedral de Santa Cruz