Santo Domingo Tonalá
|Santo Domingo Tonalá|
|Municipality and town|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)|
As of 2005, the municipality had a total population of .
Santo Domingo Tonala is located about 50 km from Huajuapan de leon.
Santo Domingo Tonala has been working with its community to maintain its Flora and Fauna by educating schools. Also, along city limits many signs have been posted to encourage people, tourist and surrounding towns to take care of the environment.
Tonala has a small population because many have left the town in search for a better living and education. However during cultural celebration (Fiestas Patronales, many returned to Tonala because it has maintained a rich culture that attracts tourists as well. many of the main celebrations are:
- January 7 and 8- Virgen de Juquila
- February 2- Dia de la Candelaria
- Mayo 3rd and 4th- Santa Cruz
- August-Santo Domingo
- November 2-Dia de los Muertos
- Tonalá (disambiguation) for other places with this name
- "-". Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México. Instituto Nacional para el Federalismo y el Desarrollo Municipal. Retrieved June 15, 2009.
|This article about a location in the Mexican state of Oaxaca is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|