|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sara King was born in Fairbanks, Alaska, in 1982. She has remained an Alaskan ever since, graduating from Chugiak High School in 2001 and beginning her full-time writing career shortly thereafter. She is an outdoors enthusiast. Her works have appeared in short-story magazines, including Apex Science Fiction and Horror, BBT Magazine, and Aberrant Dreams.
In March 2007, Sara King was chosen from a pool of 50 candidates to edit Aberrant Dreams, where she works as a contributing editor.
In August 2007, 7500-word short piece "The Moldy Dead," a short story spinoff of the After Earth series, became Sara's first published short work in Apex Science Fiction and Horror Digest, where it received a positive review from the reviewer.
In March 2008, Sara King joined the Codex Writers Group, an online gathering of professional speculative fiction writers, editors, and agents. Here, she workshopped both of her most recent short fantasy works "The Sheet-Charmer of Broketoe" and "The Auldhund," which won semi-finalist in the First Quarter 2008Writers of the Future Contest,.
In July 2008, Sara King graduated from the 6-week Odyssey Writing Workshop in New Hampshire.
Aulds of the SPYRE
- Form and Function (2016)
Guardians of the First Realm
- Alaskan Fire (2012), ISBN B0073WZ01C
- Alaskan Fury (2012), ISBN B007P4CY26
The Legend of ZERO
- Forging Zero (2013)
- Zero Recall (2013)
- Zero's Return (2014)
- Moldy Dead (2013)
- The Many Misadventures of Flea, Agent of Chaos (2015)
- The Scientist, the Rat, and the Assassin (2016)
- Wings of Retribution (2013), ISBN B007W6RBSE
- Fortune's Rising (2014), ISBN B008HYWOHI
- Fortune's Folly (2016)
Terms of Mercy
- To the Princess Bound (2012), ISBN B008283TVO
- “Fairy”, Blood, Blade, and Thruster Magazine, Issue #3, October 2007
- “The Moldy Dead”, Apex Science Fiction and Horror Digest, Issue #11, November 2007
- “Discerning Tastes”, Aberrant Dreams, January 2008 Issue
- “Twelve-A”, Apex Online, Featured Writer, February 2008
- “Glacial Melt”, Shroud Magazine
- “Face Cards”, Cemetery Dance Magazine
Awards & recognitions
Sara King has twice received Honorable Mentions from the Writers of the Future Contest; her first from the First Quarter 2007 contest for her 8,000-word short work "Parasite" and her second in the Fourth Quarter 2007 for the 7,900-word short piece "Fury of the Sphinx". She became a semi-finalist in the contest in the First Quarter 2008 with the 10,000-word novelette "The Auldhund."