Codex Writers Group
The Codex Writers' Group (aka "Codex") is an online community of active speculative fiction writers. Codex was created in January 2004.
History and Membership Requirements
Codex was created in January 2004 by Luc Reid, a member of Orson Scott Card's 2001 Literary Boot Camp. The focus of the group is on writers in the early stages of their careers. The forum uses the phrase 'neo-pro', which they define as "writers who've had at least one professional publication and/or participated in one of the top by-audition-only workshops, but who have not yet sold a great many stories or a number of books.".
The following Codexians have won major awards and/or have books on shelves. A more comprehensive listing of publications by Codex Writers can be found at the Codex Library Website.
- Steve Bein, author of the "Fated Blades" series 
- John Brown, author of the Dark God series [summer 2009]
- Tobias S. Buckell, author of Crystal Rain, Ragamuffin, and Sly Mongoose
- Aliette de Bodard, author of the Obsidian and Blood books, Nebula and Locus Award winner.
- Nancy Fulda, creator of AnthologyBuilder.com
- David Macinnis Gill, author of InvisibleSun, Black Hole Sun, and Soul Enchilada
- Jim C. Hines, author of the Goblin Quest series
- Elaine Isaak, author of The Singer's Crown and The Eunuch's Heir
- Sharon Joss, author of the Hand of Fate series and Stars That Make Dark Heaven Light
- Sara King, author of the "After Earth" series 
- Alethea Kontis, NYTimes bestselling author of The Dark-Hunter Companion, AlphaOops: The Day Z Went First and Beauty & Dynamite
- James Maxey, author of the Bitterwood series
- Judson Roberts, author of the Strongbow Saga series
- Diana Rowland, author of the Demon series (Mark of the Demon [Bantam, June 2009], Blood of the Demon [Bantam, February 2010], Secrets of the Demon [DAW, January 2011]) and the forthcoming White Trash Zombie series [DAW 2011]
- Lawrence M. Schoen, author of the Amazing Conroy series of stories, and founder of the Klingon Language Institute
- Ken Scholes, author of The Psalms of Isaak series [Jan 2009]
- Edmund R. Schubert, editor of Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show (IGMS), and How To Write Magical Words: A Writer's Companion
Codexians whose work has been or will be published in the Writers of the Future anthologies include Stewart C Baker, Steve Bein, Aliette de Bodard, Matt Dovey, Scott Roberts, Eric James Stone, Ken Scholes, Diana Rowland, David Goldman, Sharon Joss, Michael Livingston, Floris Kleijne, Andrew Gudgel, Lon Prater, William Katz, Brad Beaulieu, Luc Reid, Matt Champine, Tom Pendergrass, Robert Defendi, Joy Marchand (writing as Joy Remy), Matt Rotundo, and Jim Hines.
- Codex Writers Group Website
- Codex Mega Blog
- World Map showing locations of Codex Members
- Books written by members of Codex
- Magazine articles written by members of Codex
- "Former Bootcampers Published: Luc Reid". August 2003. Retrieved April 2008. Check date values in:
- "Codex Writers Home Page, Membership Requirements". January 2008. Retrieved April 2008. Check date values in:
- "Codex FAQ". July 2011. Retrieved July 2011. Check date values in:
- "Writers of the Future Contest Winners, 1985-2006". 2007. Retrieved April 2008. Check date values in: