|Conservation status||FAO (2007): not listed|
|Other names||Sarda primitiva|
|Country of origin||Sardinia, Italy|
|Horn status||usually horned in both sexes|
The Sarda Primitiva is an indigenous breed of domestic goat from the Mediterranean island of Sardinia, off the west coast of Italy. It is quite distinct from the better-known Sarda breed of goat. It is raised in the mountainous areas of the historic sub-regions of Ogliastra, of Sarrabus-Gerrei and of Sulcis-Iglesiente. It is one of the forty-three autochthonous Italian goat breeds of limited distribution for which a herdbook is kept by the Associazione Nazionale della Pastorizia, the Italian national association of sheep- and goat-breeders.
At the end of 2013 the registered population was 5399.
- Barbara Rischkowsky, D. Pilling (eds.) (2007). List of breeds documented in the Global Databank for Animal Genetic Resources, annex to The State of the World's Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. ISBN 9789251057629. Accessed June 2014.
- Norme tecniche della popolazione caprina "Sarda primitiva": standard della razza (in Italian). Associazione Nazionale della Pastorizia. Accessed June 2014.
- Breed data sheet: Sarda primitiva/Italy. Domestic Animal Diversity Information System of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed June 2014.
- Daniele Bigi, Alessio Zanon (2008). Atlante delle razze autoctone: Bovini, equini, ovicaprini, suini allevati in Italia (in Italian). Milan: Edagricole. ISBN 9788850652594. p. 420–21.
- Strutture Zootecniche (Dec. 2009/712/CE - Allegato 2 - Capitolo 2) (in Italian). Ministero delle Politiche Agricole Alimentari e Forestali. Section I (e). Archived 4 December 2013.
- Consistenze Provinciali della Razza N2 Sarda primitiva Anno 2013 (in Italian). Associazione Nazionale della Pastorizia: Banca dati. Accessed June 2014.
|This goat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Italy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|