From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Sawana, Bihar.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The selection of a high Chief
- The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, And History in Oceania, By Paul D'Arcy, University of Hawaii Press
- Village of the Conquerors, Sawana: a Tongan Village in Fiji, By Alexander Philip Lessin, Phyllis June Lessin - 1970.
- Lau Islands, Fiji By A.M Hocart and Bernice P. Bishop - Museum Bulletin 62, Publication Date: June 1969, Publisher: Kraus Intl Pubns, ISBN 978-0-527-02168-9
- Mara, Ratu Sir Kamisese: "The Pacific Way: A Memoir", University of Hawaii Press, 1997
- Village of the Conquerors, Sawana: a Tongan Village in Fiji, By Alexander Philip Lessin, Phyllis June Lessin 1970.
- Mara, Ratu Sir Kamisese, The Pacific Way: A Memoir, University of Hawaii Press, 1997
- Mara, Ratu Sir Kamisese: "The Pacific Way: A Memoir", page 91. University of Hawaii Press, 1997. ISBN 978-0-8248-1893-7.
- Fiji Times Newspaper Article, Title: Fiji Born Actor dies, Content: Talks in reference to Manu Tupou the Hollywood actor, of his ties with Lomaloma with reference to Ratu Mara and Adi Mere and Ratu Dreunimisimisi, Fiji Times Saturday June 12, 2004, Fiji Times Archives.
- Why these unions were important was due to the Vasu connection that brought different tribes together following are examples documenting the Importance of the Vasu connection or maternal lineage in Fiji: as outlined in this Book ‘Matanitu’ the struggle for power in early Fiji by David Routledge 1985,published by the Institute of Pacific studies and the University of the South PacificFiji, Chapter 1 page 36, also see the Book Fiji and the Fijians By Thomas Williams, James Calvert, Ch 2 page 33,34
- Lau Islands, Fiji By A.M Hocart and Bernice P. Bishop - Museum Bulletin 62 p226, Publication Date: June 1969, Publisher: Kraus Intl Pubns, ISBN 978-0-527-02168-9 this book Documents in detail the Rasau and Ratu Keni
- Fijian Heralds and Envoys., A. M. Hocart, The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. 43, Jan. - Jun., 1913 (Jan. - Jun., 1913), pp. 109–118, doi:10.2307/2843163, Arthur Maurice Hocart does a comparative study on two chiefs and their heralds and envoys one being the Rasau of Lomaloma.
- 20th Century Fiji, edited by Stewart Firth & Daryl Tarte - 2001 - ISBN 982-01-0421-1, this book has a very detailed reference to Ratu Edward and Ratu Mara acknowledges their mothers
- Web link reference to Ratu Edward.