Scenes from the Southside
|Scenes from the Southside|
|Studio album by Bruce Hornsby and the Range|
|Released||May 3, 1988|
|Recorded||1987–1988 A&M Studios & Ignited Production, Los Angeles; Capitol Studios, Hollywood; King Sound Studios, Hollywood Hills; Rumbo Recorders, Canoga Park.|
|Genre||Rock, soft rock|
|Producer||Neil Dorfsman, Bruce Hornsby|
|Bruce Hornsby chronology|
Scenes from the Southside is the second album by Bruce Hornsby and the Range. The single "The Valley Road" was Hornsby's third (and last) Top 10 U.S. hit, peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100, and also his first number one on the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart. It became his third chart-topper on the Billboard adult contemporary chart, following "The Way It Is" and "Mandolin Rain". Two other notable tracks on the record were "The Show Goes On", which was featured in Ron Howard's 1991 film Backdraft, and "Jacob's Ladder", which was written by Bruce and John Hornsby, but is most well known as being a number-one hit for Huey Lewis and the News in March 1987.
|1.||"Look Out Any Window"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||5:28|
|2.||"The Valley Road"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||4:43|
|3.||"I Will Walk with You"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||4:36|
|4.||"The Road Not Taken"||Bruce Hornsby||7:07|
|5.||"The Show Goes On"||Bruce Hornsby||7:30|
|6.||"The Old Playground"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||4:27|
|7.||"Defenders of the Flag"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||4:28|
|8.||"Jacob's Ladder"||Bruce Hornsby, John Hornsby||4:37|
|9.||"Till the Dreaming's Done"||Bruce Hornsby||5:12|
- Bruce Hornsby – vocals, piano, synthesizer, accordion
- Peter Harris – guitar, mandolin
- George Marinelli – guitar, mandolin, backing vocals
- Joe Puerta – bass, backing vocals
- John Molo – drums
- Huey Lewis – harmonica on "Defenders of the Flag"
- Jeff Gerson – percussion
- Jimmy Bralower – drum programming
- David Roitstein – synthesizer
- Produced by Bruce Hornsby & Neil Dorfsman
- A&R Direction – Paul Atkinson
- Recorded, Engineered & Mixed by Neil Dorfsman & Eddie King.
- Additional Engineers – Greg Bartheld, Steve "Sound" Cormier, Jim Dineen, Ron Jacobs, Brian Schueble, Julian Stull & Andrew Udoff.
- Mixed at The Grey Room (Hollywood).
- Digital Editing by Bill Dooley at A&M Studios.
- Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Masterdisk (New York, NY).
- Production Coordinator – Sharona Sabbag
- Art Direction – Norman Moore & Ria Lewerke
- Design – Norman Moore
- Cover Photo – Dennis Keeley
- Inner Photo – Robert Llewellyn
- Management – Tim Neece
- Music Consultant – Steve Watson
Charts and certifications
- Iyengar, Vik. Bruce Hornsby & the Range: Scenes from the Southside > Review at AllMusic. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Australiancharts.com – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside". Hung Medien.
- "Austriancharts.at – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside" (in German). Hung Medien.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside" (in Dutch). Hung Medien.
- "Officialcharts.de – Top 100 Longplay". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Charts.org.nz – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside". Hung Medien.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside". Hung Medien.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside". Hung Medien.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bruce Hornsby & the range – Scenes from the Southside". Hung Medien.
- "Bruce Hornsby | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart
- "Bruce Hornsby – Chart history" Billboard 200 for Bruce Hornsby.
- "British album certifications – Bruce Hornsby – Scenes from the Southside". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Scenes from the Southside in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Gold in the field By Award. Click Search
- "American album certifications – Bruce Hornsby – Scenes from the Southside". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|