NUST School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Rector||Lt Gen Muhammad Asghar|
|Dean||Dr. S. Muhammad Jamil|
|Principal||Dr. Tariq Mahmood|
|Affiliations||National University of Sciences and Technology|
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (or SCEE), was founded by the National University of Sciences and Technology in 2008 by merging four established institutes; NUST Institute of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Transportation, Institute of Geographical Information System, and Institute of Environmental Sciences and Engineering.
National Institute of Transportation (NIT) was established in 1991 at the Risalpur campus of NUST, and was affiliated with Military College of Engineering. The institute initially provided undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the fields of Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical engineering, Structural Engineering, and Water Resources Engineering.
Institute of Environmental Sciences and Engineering (IESE) started its MS in Environmental Engineering in July 1996. Later, PhD programmes were also offered.
With the establishment of the new campus of NUST in Islamabad in 2008, NIT was merged with IESE and Institute of Geographical Information System and given the name of School of Civil and Environmental Engineering(SCEE).
The school consists of four institutes; NUST Institute of Civil Engineering, Institute of Environmental Science & Engineering, Institute of Geographical Information Systems, and National Institute of Transportation.
SCEE has encouraged the local industries, both in the public and private sectors, to collaborate with the institute’s researchers. This industry-university partnership includes faculty interaction with industries and solution to industrial problems through R&D projects.
SCEE has collaborations in the field of research and development with the following universities:
- Michigan State University, USA
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
- Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Iowa State University, USA
- Cornell University, USA
- University of Illinois, USA
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- RMCS, Cranfield University, UK
- University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, UK
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National University of Singapore
- Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
- Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- NUST Institute of Civil Engineering
- National Institute of Transportation
- Institute of Geographical Information System
- Institute of Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- National University of Sciences and Technology