What Will They Think of Next!
|Created by||Michael Spivak|
|Directed by||David Langer|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production companies||Jaylar Productions|
"in association with
|Original release||September 1976 –|
Science International, later retitled What Will They Think of Next!, is a Canadian television series produced by the Global Television Network from 1976 to 1979. Each episode featured approximately 20 short segments on scientific developments and trivia, narrated by Joseph Campanella and Tiiu Leek for its initial seasons. Kerrie Keane replaced Leek later in the series run. The hosts also appeared on camera, usually with chromakey effects behind them such as animation. The format of the series alternated between filmed footage of new inventions and developments and limited-animation segments usually focusing on more off-beat developments. After the show was retitled for its second and third seasons, Campanella proclaimed at the end of the opening credits that the reports originated from the "Research Unit of Science International."
In the US, this series aired in the early-1980s on Nickelodeon, with almost all episodes airing under the What Will They Think of Next! title, however, Nickelodeon did air some episodes under the Science International title.
- Spivak, Michael; Langer, David (c. 1979). What will they think of next!. McClelland and Stewart. p. 127pp. ISBN 0-7710-8221-5.
- Gould, Ed (1988). Entertaining Canadians : Canada's international stars, 1900-1988. [Victoria, B.C., Canada]: Cappis Press. pp. 164. ISBN 0919763189.
- "Telecommunications: Radio, Television and Movies in the Digital Age". 28. Cite journal requires
Kirby, Blaik (20 September 1976). "The new crop: three passable and two dubious". The Globe and Mail. p. 17.
- Science International / What Will They Think of Next! at IMDb
- Science International segment as aired in the UK
- Science International segment as aired in the US on Nickelodeon