|Full name||Scott Deasy|
|Date of birth||11 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Cork, Ireland|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (14 st 2 lb)|
|School||Presentation Brothers College|
|University||University College Cork|
|Rugby union career|
He made his Munster debut as a replacement for Ronan O'Gara against Connacht in a Magners League fixture on 26 December 2009. He caught attention when he replaced an injured Paul Warwick early in a league game against Edinburgh on 19 February 2010. Despite having a mixed night with his place-kicking, he scored a superb individual try when he raced through a gap, chipped ahead and won the race to the try-line. He made his first start for Munster on 19 March 2010 in a league fixture against Scarlets, playing fullback and winning the Man-of-the-Match award. Injuries brought Deasy into Munster's 2009–10 Heineken Cup squad, and he made his European debut in the semi-final against Biarritz on 2 May 2010. He played for Munster A during their 2009–10 British and Irish Cup campaign. His performances for club and province earnt a full-time contract with Munster, and Deasy joined the senior Munster squad for the 2010–11 season.
Deasy started at fly-half for Munster A in their 31–12 2011–12 British and Irish Cup Final win against Cross Keys. Less than a week later, Deasy started at Fly-half for Munster in their final league game of the 2011–12 Pro 12 season against Ulster, after Ian Keatley withdrew with a knock. Deasy kicked 9 points in the 36–8 win, helping to secure a place in the play-offs for Munster. During the 2011–12 season, Deasy established himself as Munster's third-choice fly-half.
Deasy cites his coaches at PBC as the biggest influence on his career.
It was announced on 14 May 2013 that Deasy would be leaving Munster, to an as yet unannounced club.
- "Catching Up With Scott Deasy". munsterrugby.ie. 4 December 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "O'Gara Pulls The Strings". munsterrugby.ie. 26 December 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Munster's Winning Return". munsterrugby.ie. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Munster Back in the Shake Up". munsterrugby.ie. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Munster Way Below Best". munsterrugby.ie. 2 May 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Munster Prove Too Strong". munsterrugby.ie. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Deasy in at 10 For Munster". munsterrugby.ie. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Deasy does it as Munster shake off errors and Ulster". irishexaminer.com. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Introducing Scott Deasy". munsterrugby.ie. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Injury Forces Howlett To Retire". munsterrugby.ie. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.