January 23, 1979 |
Richmond, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
|San Jose Sharks
|NHL Draft||23rd overall, 1997
San Jose Sharks
Kenneth Scott Hannan (born January 23, 1979) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently playing for the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League (NHL). Hannan was born in Richmond, British Columbia, but grew up in Surrey, British Columbia.
Hannan was selected in the first round of the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, 23rd overall, by the San Jose Sharks from the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League (WHL). He made his professional debut at the start of the 1998–99 season with the Sharks, playing in five games before returning to the Rockets for his last year of junior eligibility. Hannan then split the 1999–2000 season, his first full professional season, with the Sharks and their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Kentucky Thoroughblades.
Hannan became a mainstay on the Sharks' defence corps from the 2000–01 season and evolved as an effective, gritty, shut-down defenceman, earning a selection to the 54th NHL All-Star Game for the Western Conference in the 2003–04 season. Hannan emerged as a premier defenceman during the 2004 Stanley Cup playoffs, gaining praise for his performance in shutting down star Colorado Avalanche centre Peter Forsberg in the Western Conference Semi-final over Colorado. Hannan played his 500th NHL game at the end of the 2006–07 season in a 4–3 loss to the Avalanche on March 18, 2007.
On July 1, 2007, Hannan signed a four-year, $18 million contract with the Colorado Avalanche.
On April 3, 2013, Hannan returned to the San Jose Sharks via trade in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2013. Hannan became an unrestricted free agent after the season's end, and on July 5, 2013, but eventually he re-signed with the Sharks on a one-year deal. He played his 1,000th career NHL game on October 14, 2014, against the Washington Capitals.
Hannan and wife Kristina have two sons — Gage and Owen.
Regular season and playoffs
|1998–99||San Jose Sharks||NHL||5||0||2||2||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|1999–00||San Jose Sharks||NHL||30||1||2||3||10||1||0||1||1||0|
|2000–01||San Jose Sharks||NHL||75||3||14||17||51||6||0||1||1||6|
|2001–02||San Jose Sharks||NHL||75||2||12||14||57||12||0||2||2||12|
|2002–03||San Jose Sharks||NHL||81||3||19||22||61||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||San Jose Sharks||NHL||82||6||15||21||48||17||1||5||6||22|
|2005–06||San Jose Sharks||NHL||81||6||18||24||58||11||0||1||1||6|
|2006–07||San Jose Sharks||NHL||79||4||20||24||38||11||0||2||2||33|
|2012–13||San Jose Sharks||NHL||4||0||0||0||2||11||0||4||4||4|
|2013–14||San Jose Sharks||NHL||56||3||9||12||55||7||0||2||2||0|
|2014–15||San Jose Sharks||NHL||58||2||5||7||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|Competitor for Canada|
|Men's ice Hockey|
|2004 World Cup||Team|
Awards and honours
|West First All-Star Team||1998–99|
|NHL All-Star Game||2003–04|
- "Hannan set to lead team in playoffs". sharks.nhl.com. 2006-04-20. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Avs weather deficit to beat Sharks with OT charge". cbssportsline.com. 2007-03-18. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- Dater, Adrian (2007-07-01). "Colorado signs Smyth, Hannan". denverpost.com. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Capitals Acquire Scott Hannan from Colorado for Tomas Fleischmann". nhl.com. 2010-11-30. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Flames sign Scott Hannan to a 1 year deal". Calgary Flames. 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- "Preds Sign Scott Hannan To a 1-Year Contract". Nashville Predators. 2012-08-17. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Harrison, Doug (2013-04-03). "Scott Hannan, Raffi Torres head to Sharks". CBC Sports. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- Dubow, Josh (2013-07-05). "Sharks re-sign Scott Hannan, sign Tyler Kennedy, announce extension with Couture". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- Pollak, David (2014-10-14). "Sharks' Scott Hannan will play 1,000th game". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2014-10-14.
- "Colorado Avalanche - Minnestoa Wild Game notes" (PDF). National Hockey League. 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- Scott Hannan's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Scott Hannan's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|San Jose Sharks first round draft pick