|Directed by||Atanu Basu|
|Written by||Atanu Basu|
|Music by||Chandan Raychowdhury|
|Edited by||Uttam Roy|
Sedin Dujone (Bengali: সেদিন দুজনে) is a 2008 Bengali film Directed by debutant director Atanu Basu and released in 2008 featuring by Amitava Bhattacharya and Kasturi. The film is almost directly from Priyadarshan directed Kyon Ki released in 2005, which was not an original storyline either. It was a variation on the famous Suchitra Sen-film Deep Jele Jai. This was later made into Hindi as Khamoshi, produced by Hemant Kumar and starring Waheeda Rehman. But like most of his peers, Bose does not credit his source.
The focus is on hero Raj (Amitabh Bhattacharya) and not so much on the two heroines Kasturi and Kanchana Moitra. Raj is a famous singer when the film opens. He falls in love with Maria, a Catholic nun-to-be and the two are engaged. Just before they tie the knot, Raj's friend Suman steps in stealthily with the intention of raping her. Kasturi jumps to her death and Raj loses his sanity.
The post-interval phase of the mental care home begins the second part of the story where the home's dictatorial proprietor's daughter Sanchita cures Raj. They fall in love and the two could have walked into the sunset with a good end to the film. But the director had other plans and his debut goes almost the Kyon Ki way.[clarification needed]
- Amitava Bhattacharya – Raaj
- Kasturi – Maria
- Kanchana Moitra – Sanchita
- Diganta Bagchi – Suman
- Biplab Chattopadhyay – Dr. Roy
- Manu Mukherjee – Kaka
- Kunal Mitra – Bijay
- Partha Sarathi Deb
- Manoj Mitra
- "Sedin Dujone (2008) Movie". www.gomolo.in. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- "7 REASONS NOT TO WATCH SHEDIN DUJONE.." Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. 3 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- "Review: Sedin Dujone". sify.com. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- "Sedin Dujone (Bangla) - ScreenIndia.Com". www.screenindia.com. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
|This article about a Bengali film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|