Seetha (1990 film)
|Directed by||S. A. Chandrasekhar|
|Produced by||Shoba Chandrasekhar|
|Written by||S. A. Chandrasekhar (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||S. A. Chandrasekhar|
|Story by||Shoba Chandrasekhar|
|Edited by||D. Shyam Mukherjee|
Lalithaanjali Fine Arts
Seetha is a 1990 Tamil thriller film directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar. The film features Rahman, Kanaka, R. Sarathkumar and Gautami in lead roles, with Charan Raj, Janagaraj, Manorama, Radha Ravi, S. Shankar, Srividya and Delhi Ganesh playing supporting roles. The film, produced by Shoba Chandrasekhar and Sheela Siva, had musical score by Vidyasagar and was released on 14 April 1990. The film was dubbed in Telugu with same name.
The film begins with Seetha (Kanaka) returning to her native village after completing her studies in the city. Seetha and her parents lead a peaceful life until Boopathy, the son of the village zamindar, crosses her path. Boopathy spread terror among the villagers and he now wants to marry Seetha but she refuses. So Boopathy, who was very upset and frustrated by her refusal, kills her father. Seetha and her mother have no other choice than to flee the village.
In the city, Seetha finds a decent job and rents a house. On the other hand, Boopathy is still far from having forgotten Seetha so he tracks them the way to their house. He continues to ruin Seetha's life. One day, the police inspector Vijay (Rahman) comes to her rescue. He eventually falls in love with her and they get married afterwards. After the marriage, Vijay is arrested for a crime he did not commit. The journalist Jhansi Rani (Gautami) decides to save Seetha from Boopathy. Whereas Rathnaraj (R. Sarathkumar), a corrupt politician and Jhansi's husband, joins hand with Boopathy. What transpires next forms the rest of the story.
- Rahman as Vijay
- Kanaka as Seetha
- R. Sarathkumar as Rathnaraj
- Gautami as Jhansi Rani
- Charan Raj as Boopathy
- Janagaraj as Boopathy's father
- Manorama as Boopathy's mother
- Radha Ravi as Chakravarthy
- S. Shankar as Japan
- Srividya as Meenakshi, Seetha's mother
- Delhi Ganesh as Nakkeeran, Seetha's father
- Yuvasri as Shanthi, Boopathy's sister
- Sharmili as Hams
- Super Subbarayan
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||'Aararo Aariraro'||K. S. Chithra||2:41|
|2||'Neram Kaalam'||K. S. Chithra||3:56|
|3||'Vidai Ariya'||K. S. Chithra||3:32|
|4||'Thene Thene'||K. S. Chithra, Mano||4:00|
- "Filmography of seetha". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2005. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Jointscene : Tamil Movie Seetha 1990". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 9 July 2009. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Sita (1990)". gomolo.com. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Seetha (1990) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Seeta (S.A. Chandrasekhar)". indiancine.ma. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Seetha (1990)". mio.to. Retrieved 17 May 2018.