Sefton Rural District
- Croxteth Park (to Liverpool in 1928)
- Fazakerley (to Liverpool in 1905)
- Orrell and Ford (split 1905 to Orrell Park which became part of Bootle, and Ford, which remained in Sefton RD)
- Ince Blundell
- Kirkby (transferred to Whiston Rural District in 1922)
- West Derby Rural (to Liverpool in 1928)
It was abolished by a County Review Order in 1932, with the parishes being added to the West Lancashire Rural District (Lunt being abolished and added to Sefton parish at the same time). The remaining parishes, Aintree, Ford (itself absorbed into Litherland in 1954), Ince Blundell, Netherton, Sefton and Thornton, have all formed part of the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton in Merseyside since 1974.