|Full name||Segun James Adeniyi|
|Date of birth||20 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Lagos, Nigeria|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2013||→ Tomori Berat (loan)||12||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 February 2016.
Adeniyi was born in Lagos, Nigeria into a Muslim family, and was raised in the Mushin neighbourhood of Lagos along with his two brothers and four sisters. In 2009 he was called up to a training camp hosted by the Nigeria under-17 national team, but he was later dropped and didn't make the final squad that went on to tour Qatar.
In January 2012 Adeniyi joined Albanian Superliga side Bylis Ballsh, where other Nigerian players were already part of the squad, and he initially joined the club's youth team before being promoted to the first team ahead of the 2012–13 campaign. He made his professional debut on 23 September 2012 in an Albanian Superliga tie against FK Kukësi, coming on as an 80th minute substitute for Shkëlzen Kelmendi in the 1–0 loss. Just a few days later on 26 September, Adenine made his first professional start in an Albanian Cup tie against Tërbuni Pukë, where he also scored his first professional goal in the 2–0 win.
On his European debut in the first qualifying round of the Europa League on 3 July 2014, James scored his first European goal, against Slovenian side Rudar Velenje away from home. His goal came in the 89th minute of the game which equalised the score at 1–1. He also scored during the return leg, opening the score only to have a last gasp equaliser take the game to extra time and then penalties, where Laçi won 3–2 in the shootout and where Adeniyi scored the winning penalty.
After Laçi were eliminated from Europa League, Adeniyi played his first league match in first week of 2014–15 Albanian Superliga on 24 August 2014, assisting Erald Doku in a 1–1 home draw against Partizani Tirana. On 20 September, in the 5th league match against Tirana, James set-up his second assist of the season in a 2–0 home over the capital club. He scored his first goal of the season on 27 September in a 1–1 away draw against Flamurtari Vlorë, scoring the goal in 31st minute with a great chip from outside the zone. In first leg of first round of 2014–15 Albanian Cup against Naftëtari Kuçovë, he scored the opener in 6th minute, helping the team to get a confortable 2–0 away win. He celebrated the goal with a T-shirt writing "Allah is great".
On 12 August 2015, in the 2015 Albanian Supercup match held at Qemal Stafa Stadium, Adeniyi scored twice for the team in an eventual 2–2 draw; he also scored his penalty shootout attempt helping Laçi to win the match 8–7 by penalty shootouts. That was the club's first Albanian Supercup in history.
On 1 February 2016, in the last day of the winter transfer window, James left Laçi to join Skënderbeu Korçë, where he signed a three-year contract. He debuted with the club six days later in the match against Kukësi, where James first assisted the first goal of Salihi and later scored for hisself in a eventual 3–1 home win, putting Skënderbeu two points clear at the top.
|Bylis Ballsh||2012–13||Albanian Superliga||6||0||2||1||—||—||8||1|
|Tomori Berat||2012–13||Albanian Superliga||12||2||—||—||—||12||2|
|Bylis Ballsh||2013–14||Albanian Superliga||16||1||1||1||—||—||17||2|
|Skënderbeu Korçë||2015–16||Albanian Superliga||1||1||0||0||—||—||1||1|
- "SL10 Chats To KF Laci's Adeniyi James". Sl10.ng. 5 December 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Kukësi vs. Bylis Ballsh 1 – 0". Soccerway. 23 September 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Tërbuni Pukë vs. Bylis Ballsh 0 – 2". Soccerway. 26 September 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Rudar Velenje 1-1 KF Laçi
- KF Laçi 1-1 Rudar Velenje
- Vladimir Prenga (25 August 2014). ""Luftë" për një pikë, Partizani barazon në Laç. Trajneri Duro: Raçiç, "bast" im i fituar" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Vladimir Prenga (20 September 2014). "Zhgënjen Tirana, Laçi i Cungut i jep leksion. Acarohet Magani: S’dua gjeneralë në fushë" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Ermal Sika (28 September 2014). "Laçi ndal Flamurtarin, incidente në tunel. Gjoka: Na mungon qetësia para portës" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Laçi shënon që në tunel, Naftëtari është i dorëzuar" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Laçi fiton Superkupën e Shqipërisë, kurbinasit mundin Skënderbeun me penallti" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Zyrtare, James Adeniyi vishet bardhekuq" (in Albanian). Skënderbeu Korçë. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Alfred Lleshi (7 February 2016). "Salihi dhe Xhejms likujdojnë Kukësin, kampionët rikthehen në krye" (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Nigeria - J. Adeniyi - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Football : Segun James Adeniyi". Football Database. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Profile of James Adeniyi". Scoresway. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Profile at Football Database