Selo in Java, Indonesia is a village on the saddle of ground between the two volcanoes n Central Java, Mount Merbabu and Mount Merapi. It is regularly identified as Selo, Boyolali due to its district name and immediate administrative centre having that name
It is situated on the northern lower slopes of Merapi, southern slope of Merbabu  When Merapi is inactive between eruptions, Selo is often utilised for walkers to go up to the volcano crater as an alternative to the older and more difficult climbing routes from Kaliurang on the southern slopes.
- "MT MERAPI EMERGENCY STATUS RAISED FOLLOWING 95 VOLCANIC TREMORS", ANT - LKBN ANTARA (Indonesia), Asia Pulse Pty Ltd, 2005-07-11, retrieved 20 October 2016
- "MT MERBABU'S FORESTS ON FIRE", Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, Financial Times Ltd, 2002-08-14, retrieved 20 October 2016
- "VOLCANO MERAPI via Selo Route : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost". summitpost.org. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Selo route - Merapi Volcano, Yogyakarta Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor". tripadvisor.com.au. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Cantiknya Kawasan Wisata Selo di Boyolali, Solo - JalanSolo". jalansolo.com. Retrieved 20 October 2016.