Send My Bag
|Services||Shipping & Luggage Delivery Service|
Send My Bag was formed after founder Adam Ewart was charged excess baggage fees when helping his girlfriend travel home from university. After paying the fee Ewart returned home and searched the web for a service which offered to deliver luggage at a lower cost. With nothing found, he decided to start Send My Bag. Setting up just one web page for under £100, he created a simple booking system for the business venture.
Prior to 2011 Send My Bag primarily existed as a niche luggage shipper for students. From 2011 onwards, their focus broadened as airlines such as Ryanair took additional steps to dissuade passengers from checking bags, and as airline revenue from baggage fees worldwide dramatically increased.
On 24 November 2014 on CNBC news Ewart announced the launch of US worldwide services. In 2015 Send My Bag further expanded launching a US domestic service and worldwide services from Australia.
In celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's 92nd birthday, on 21 April 2018, Send My Bag was announced as winner of the Queen's Awards for Enterprise. At the time of winning the award Send My Bag had shipped 250,000 pieces of luggage in the previous 12 months.
- SendMyBag.com. "Our Baggage Shipping Origins and the Send My Bag Team". www.sendmybag.com. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Pack up and fly away! Send My Bag taking the hassle out of the airport". Growth Business. 1 November 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Baggage Fees by Airline | Bureau of Transportation Statistics". www.rita.dot.gov. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Send My Bag App". App Store. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Rejected on Dragons' Den – but life goes on! - Startups.co.uk: Starting a business advice and business ideas". startups.co.uk. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "10 minutes with...Send My Bag CEO Adam Ewart". Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- O'Hear, Steve. "Dragon's Den Reject SendmyBag Scores £100K Angel Funding To Help Travellers Travel Light". TechCrunch. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Enter the Dragon - SendmyBag". Lough Shore Investments. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Startup SendMyBag launching a domestic U.S. service". Fortune. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Baggage fees no more". CNBC. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- O'Hear, Steve. "SendMyBag Arrives In The U.S. To Take Your Luggage When Airlines Won't". TechCrunch. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Jobs boost for Bangor baggage firm, Sendmybag". BBC News. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Three Northern Ireland-based businesses given Queen's Award for Enterprise". ITV News. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "How 'Send My Bag' luggage delivery changes travel". Globetrender Magazine. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 3 October 2018.