Sergei Tabachnikov, also spelled Serge, (in Russian: Сергей Львович Табачников; born in 1956) is a Russian mathematician who works in geometry and dynamical systems. He is currently a Professor of Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University.
From 2013 to 2015 Tabachnikov served as Deputy Director of the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM) in Providence, Rhode Island. He is now Emeritus Deputy Director of ICERM.
He is a fellow of the American Mathematical Society. He currently serves as Editor in Chief of the journal Experimental Mathematics. His Google Scholar profile lists 3,570 citations, with an h-index of 29.
- Tabachnikov, Serge, ed. (1999). Differential and symplectic topology of knots and curves. Advances in the Mathematical Sciences. 42. American Mathematical Society. ISBN 0-8218-1354-4. MR 1738386.
- Farber, Michael; Tabachnikov, Serge (2002), "Topology of cyclic configuration spaces and periodic trajectories of multi-dimensional billiards", Topology, 41 (3): 553–589, doi:10.1016/S0040-9383(01)00021-0, MR 1910041
- Tabachnikov, Serge (2005), Geometry and Billiards, Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society, ISBN 0-8218-3919-5, MR 2168892
- Ovsienko, Valentin; Tabachnikov, Serge (2005), Projective differential geometry old and new. From the Schwarzian derivative to the cohomology of diffeomorphism groups, Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, 165, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-83186-5, MR 2177471
- Fuchs, Dmitry; Tabachnikov, Serge (2007), Mathematical Omnibus. 30 Lectures on Classical Mathematics, Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society, ISBN 978-0-8218-4316-1, MR 2350979
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- https://icerm.brown.edu/about/include/icerm%20newsletter_summer%202015.pdf ICERM Summer 2015 Newsletter
- ICERM Emeritus Leadership
- Experimental Mathematics: Editorial board
- Sergei Tabachnikov at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Sergei Tabachnikov publications indexed by Google Scholar
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|