Sergei Tabachnikov, also spelled Serge, (in Russian: Сергей Львович Табачников; born in 1956) is a Russian mathematician who works in geometry and dynamical systems. He is currently a Professor of Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University.
From 2013 to 2015 Tabachnikov served as Deputy Director of the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM) in Providence, Rhode Island. He is now Emeritus Deputy Director of ICERM.
A paper on the variability hypothesis by Theodore Hill and Tabachnikov was accepted and retracted by The Mathematical Intelligencer and later The New York Journal of Mathematics (NYJM). There was some controversy over the mathematical model, the peer-review process, and the lack of an official retraction notice from the NYJM.
- Tabachnikov, Serge, ed. (1999). Differential and symplectic topology of knots and curves. Advances in the Mathematical Sciences. 42. American Mathematical Society. ISBN 978-0-8218-1354-6. MR 1738386.
- Farber, Michael; Tabachnikov, Serge (2002), "Topology of cyclic configuration spaces and periodic trajectories of multi-dimensional billiards", Topology, 41 (3): 553–589, arXiv:math/9911226, doi:10.1016/S0040-9383(01)00021-0, MR 1910041
- Tabachnikov, Serge (2005), Geometry and Billiards, Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society, ISBN 978-0-8218-3919-5, MR 2168892
- Ovsienko, Valentin; Tabachnikov, Serge (2005), Projective differential geometry old and new. From the Schwarzian derivative to the cohomology of diffeomorphism groups, Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, 165, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-83186-4, MR 2177471
- Fuchs, Dmitry; Tabachnikov, Serge (2007), Mathematical Omnibus. 30 Lectures on Classical Mathematics, Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society, ISBN 978-0-8218-4316-1, MR 2350979
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- https://icerm.brown.edu/about/include/icerm%20newsletter_summer%202015.pdf ICERM Summer 2015 Newsletter
- ICERM Emeritus Leadership
- "American Mathematical Society".
- Experimental Mathematics: Editorial board
- Azvolinsky, Anna (2018-09-27). "A Twice-Retracted Paper on Sex Differences Ignites Debate". The Scientist. Retrieved 2018-11-03.
- Sergei Tabachnikov at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Sergei Tabachnikov publications indexed by Google Scholar
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|