Serious Tubes Networks
Serious Tubes Networks is an internet service provider in Stockholm, Sweden, that provides network connectivity for the Pirate Party of Sweden. It has also been known to host The Pirate Bay, a major BitTorrent search engine.
In May 2011, the website of The Pirate Bay was unreachable to Comcast customers. Serious Tubes Networks later announced that it was due to a routing configuration error at Global Crossing, which was providing service for Comcast.
The company's website was originally located at serioustubes.org, which later redirected to serioustubes.se. The website has been offline since at least August 2013.
- "WHOIS handle for Serious Tubes Networks". RIPE.
- Ernesto Van Der Sar (2011-05-12). "Comcast Offers Help to The Pirate Bay, Problems Fixed". TorrentFreak.
- Jared Newman (2011-05-12). "The Pirate Bay Blocked by Comcast? ISP Says 'No'". PC World.
- "Report: Comcast helped figure out what was wrong with Pirate Bay". Boing Boing.
- Waybacked copies of 15 June and 31 August 2013.