A burrito at a Serrano restaurant in central Stockholm, Sweden (2012)
Number of locations
|Products||Nordic Mexican American cuisine|
|Subsidiaries||Zocolo (in Sweden)|
Serrano is a chain of Tex-Mex restaurants in Iceland and Stockholm, Sweden, owned by Emil Helgi Lárusson and Einar Örn Einarsson from Iceland. By 2012, the chain had six restaurants in Iceland and four in Sweden, all of which are in the Stockholm area. Serrano's menu consists of burritos, quesadillas, nachos and salads.
Einarsson sold all of the shares in the Icelandic restaurants to his partner and co-founder Lárusson in June 2014 while remaining as co-owner of the Swedish Zocalo restaurants with Lárusson.
- Valdórsson, Gísli Freyr (2012-07-07). "Tveir nýir Serrano staðir á þessu ári: Viðtal við stofnendur Serrano sem verður tíu ára í haust. Reka í dag tíu staði á Íslandi og í Svíþjóð" [Two new Serrano area this year: Interview with the founders Serrano who will be ten years this fall. Operate today ten locations in Iceland and in Sweden.]. Viðskiptablaðið (in Icelandic).
- Arnarsdóttir, Eygló Svala (2013-10-11). "No Sombreros at Serrano". Iceland Review.
- Appelbaum, Robert. "Sweden Goes Mexican, Kind Of..." Robert Appelbaum's Blog.
- "Serrano vinnare av Arla Guldko 2011 Bästa Snabbmål" [Serrano winner of the Arla Golden Cow 2011 Best Fast Food]. Arla Foods (Press release) (in Swedish). 2011-07-04.
- Åberg, Roger (2013-03-20). "I april öppnar Zocalo: Mexiko och Kalifornien möter varandra" [In April, the Zocalo: Mexico and California meet each other]. Tjock (in Swedish).
- "Serrano verður Zocalo í Svíþjóð: Svíar töldu fyrirtækið bjóða upp tapas-rétti og því var skipt um nafn" [Serrano will be Zocalo in Sweden: Swedish investor has joined the Serrano in Sweden. Swedes believed the company offering tapas dishes and it was a different name.]. Viðskiptablaðið (in Icelandic). 2013-03-26.
- "Emil kaupir Serrano: Einar Örn Einarsson hefur selt hlut sinn í Serranó til meðstofnanda fyrirtækisins" [Emil buy Serrano: Einar Örn Einarsson has sold its stake in Serrano to meðstofnanda company. They are still together in restaurants in Sweden.]. Viðskiptablaðið (in Icelandic). 2014-06-11.
|This Sweden-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iceland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|