Serving Through Science
|Serving Through Science|
|Created by||Encyclopædia Britannica|
|Starring||Dr. Guthrie McClintock|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Original release||August 15, 1946 – May 27, 1947|
Serving Through Science was the first educational television series broadcast in the United States. The series premiered on the DuMont Television Network on August 15, 1946, and was shown Tuesdays at 9 pm ET. The weekly program starred Dr. Guthrie McClintock showing short films produced by Encyclopædia Britannica, and was sponsored by U. S. Rubber.
The last show aired May 27, 1947.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1946-47 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|