|Born||21 July 1981 (age 35)
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
|Education||Master in Broadcast and television|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, author (previously journalist)|
Shaili Chopra is an Indian business journalist, author and entrepreneur. As a business journalist, she is known for working at NDTV-profit and ETNOW and has won the 2012 Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Business Journalism, including a few other awards. She then switched to being an entrepreneur and wrote three books.
Shaili Chopra was born in Jalandhar on 21 July 1981 in Punjab to Anil and Suman. Anil Chopra is a retired fighter pilot from Indian Air Force. In 1998, Chopra finished her schooling from Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, New Delhi. Chopra finished her master's degree in Broadcast and Television from 2002 batch, The Asian College of Journalism, Chennai. She trained in broadcast with the BBC at journalism school. She has worked at CNBC, NDTV and ETNOW.
She worked with NDTV 24 x 7 as Markets & Corporate Affairs Editor and NDTV Profit as the Senior News Editor-Corporate for over five years and then with ET NOW for three years. She has also covered international events like the G-20, WEF@Davos, The Bretton Woods Conference 2011, India Economic Summit and the World Retail Congress. She was named one of India's 50 most influential women in media, marketing and advertising by Impact Magazine.
She won the News Television Award for the Best English Reporter across India in 2007 and later in 2008, her business-golf show Business on Course, won the Best Show Award. In March 2010, Chopra won the Best Business Anchor award and was felicitated with FICCI's Woman Achiever Award. Chopra was awarded the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Business Journalism at the Indian Express RNG Awards 2012.
She was the lead anchor of ETNOW before she became an entrepreneur. She also had a show on golf called "Tee Time With Shaili".
- Chopra, Shaili (1 August 2012). Birdies in Business. The Times Group Books. ISBN 9382299114.
- Chopra, Shaili (2 April 2014). The Big Connect: Politics in the Age of Social Media. Random Business. ASIN B00J4MRP5I.
- Chopra, Shaili (21 December 2014). When I Was 25. Random House Publishers India Private Limited. ISBN 8184004478.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shaili Chopra.|
- "Sawf.org". Sawf.org. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- www.exchange4media.com. "Anchor Shaili Chopra takes the entrepreneur road". Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "CNN-IBN, NDTV India win 9 out of 47 at the Indian News Television Awards, CNN-IBN wins best English news channel, Rajdeep Sardesai Newsmaker of the year, Prannoy Roy lifetime achievement, Barkha Dutt best TV news anchor". Dancewithshadows.com. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
-  Archived 11 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Nitesh Estates launches 'Nitesh Long Island' at Bangalore". Indiainfoline.com. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Shaili Chopra bags Ramnath Goenka Award | The Economic Times Video | ET Now, retrieved 2016-11-18
- "TV's hits and misses of terror attacks". Hindustan Times. 5 December 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2013.